PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know this guy?

fishmounter
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Trying to find out who this lucky Lake Perris float tuber is with this almost 3 pound Bluegill. I think this pic was from the mid 1990s. Anyone recognize him?
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/2-11PerrisBluegill.jpg

old pudd fisher
10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Dont know Jeff but maybe he will see your post and reply, the thing is a monster gill.

TheAsianGuy
10-11-2011, 08:26 PM
3lbs?! Holly gillie!

Socal Bassman
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I've been fishing there a looong time and he does look very familiar. But sorry, can't put a name to the face.

TheAsianGuy
10-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Jeff, found him on my list of notes. His name is Ken. I got a photo of him from afar, but best description is:

Age him by 20 years, minus the glasses (not wearing the bug-lens any more), wide brim gray-blue canvas hat instead, light green wader, either white t-shirt or light greenish long sleeve shirt, trimmed beard covering his upper lip top lower chin. Very well shaven cheeks and side, without sideburns. Light skin still (no sign of tan), but a bit red after a nice morning of fishing. Like to hang at the Bernasconi side, between the ramp to the buoy, near the tules before the rock shore along the west side, and then towards the tire reef when he has a buddy with him. He normally ride his dull yellow, what appears to be a Fish Cat? or an old Togiak. The name is not fully visible over 100ft away. Same skinny body, but he was tall, roughly between 5'11" to 6'2", weighing in around 160lbs-ish to 175lbs-ish.

He tends to carry 3-rods with him, with one strapped to the back, short 5', while actively engaged a casting rod 5'6"? and a short 4' for trolling that he straps to the side. I think he has a fish finder buddy strapped to the side, and extremely quick with his kicks. The minute he's in the water, he already got one of his line soaked for trolling, while switching to his casting rod using an ultra light crank. He tends to search for both basses and panfishes early morning. Focused mainly on panfishes after 9am. Out of the water after 11am. Latest was 1pm. Saw him and his buddies a few time at Lots 11 and 12. I think his buddy's names are John and Williams?

phishin phool
10-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Dang! Asian guy is there anything you dont know?

tree
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM
damn dude, how extensive are your "notes"? wtfff?

TheAsianGuy
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't know quite a bit. But what I know, I make sure I make plenty of notes to ensure proper info reference later. Any info that needs updates, I make sure to record too. Anyone I meet, since I'm getting senile, I make sure to make notation of the people I meet, down to the minute details. It's my way of coping with so many I encounter along the way. I even have a database to manage all my encounters :LOL:

Fishbreath
10-12-2011, 12:25 PM
His FNN user name is woodchucker, but he hasn't posted in a while. Maybe you could send him a PM if you need more info or to see if he is still active. Here is a link to when he posted. See post #15. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?28630-World-Record-Bluegill/page2

Not much sleuthing required, I'm afraid. I just Googled Perris bluegill and then clicked on images. Jeff, even your picture shows up.

Old fishermen never die. They just smell that way.

Fishbreath
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Ok, with a bit more sleuthing, his name is Billy Crain. Here is a link to the same photo, but this time with his name included. http://www.trophybassonly.com/id163.htm It is about half way down the page.

EndlessSeason
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
That was some amazing investigating, damn CIA stuff! Impressive

TheAsianGuy
10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Excellent! Will update that guy into the db. I'll make sure to ask him about that photo to see if it was him. I know he'll be on the water this Sat morning at the Bernasconi side. I could have misidentified him because of that odd looking beard of his. Always good to have PDA for show and tell.

Hey Jeff, you might be able to spot him before I do. Want to ask him just in case if I don't see him on the water at the south side?

Sublime-Steve
10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
wow, that was impressive, if i was that dude id b scared.. lol hey jeff some dude on a kayak told me that some kid caught a 3lb bluegill off the docks ( could be bs'n )

fishmounter
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I just found out that the guy's name is Billy Crain and the fish was 2-7. Anyone know a Billy Crain? Thanks Kelster!

Fishbreath
10-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I just found out that the guy's name is Billy Crain and the fish was 2-7. Anyone know a Billy Crain? Thanks Kelster!

Now that's funny, Jeff! I posted his name mid-day yesterday along with a link to the picture and a blurb about the fish. I wonder if Kelster could have seen it right here on page one of this thread? Oh well.

The Best of Fishbreath (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/Slideshow/?albumview=slideshow)

Kelster
10-14-2011, 06:18 AM
Yep, and told them that it came from another forum. It wasn't my detective work but yours