PDA

View Full Version : Take it easy

30lber
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Since the striper actions been off the hook at times, im seeing more and more poaching
going on such as 2 guys on a boat with 8 bait rods out to over limits.
Next time i see that happen im calling you out! You know who you are and whom im talking to.
Okay venting is over!
I ask everyone to be generous and keep only what you think is fair.
Release what you can or we will end up like skinner All small fish.

TroutOnly
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I two guys with eight rods out yesterday out in front of the saddle dam area,,,,,,,,,,,,poachers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

30lber
10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Were they on a rental?.
I.ll be out there this week and next.

Surfnsnowboard3
10-11-2011, 07:45 PM
I call BS on "release what you can." kill them all!!!

smokehound
10-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Skinner is still a great lake to fish, lots of nice LMB and bluegills there.

dixoncider
10-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Is it the 8 rods or is it the over limits that's the problem..?

30lber
10-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Call it what you want surfnsnow.
Both dixoncider.
I watched one boat bring in more than limits.
Smokhound i think we fisjed together once at skinner.
You brought your buddy from chino hills i think and we gotta a toon.

Thisfool
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
wasn't there some hug debate about cpr'ing stripier.

and a bunch of people said that game wardens had told them to kill all stripier they catch because the stripier spawn and grow to fast and over run lakes.

and dint some one point out skinner only has small fish because there are way to many stripier and the competition for food is so large that they dont get a chance to grow large.

not trying to stir the pot just saying it makes since to me

Bassman1974
10-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Kill all stripiers, Kill Kill Kill

eddiefishtaco
10-11-2011, 09:25 PM
mr. stripey weights more than 20 pounds, some more than 30#s
like the ones 30 pounder catches and releases on a daily basis

the ones beign landed are the baby-stripeys not MR.stripey

so if we end up with nothing but minis that can't grow because of food,
and therefore can not reproduce, because are small,...minis
where these minis come from?

the aqueduct striper egg and fry delivery system maybe??

seal
10-11-2011, 09:45 PM
They re-produce and have lived thru a drawdown to next to nothing at Silverwood. Brown trout dead, Rainbow population near to dead, had to re-establish the rainbow population, but the stripers are back without any re-introduction, not to mention LMB's (they co-exist?, incredible LMB year), wait forgot to mention the bluegill explosion this year.

They will survive no matter what.

Shad very limited at Silverwood for the last few years, this year I'm seeing balls, they will find a way....

jrockn
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
man...quit your crying! . .... yea thats not koo, and wrong if you have more than your limit or 8 rods. But if you don't do something right then or tell them in there face..... Don't cry here about it, do something. chill out bro this is a good time fishing website.

fishfinder
10-11-2011, 10:23 PM
man...quit your crying! . .... yea thats not koo, and wrong if you have more than your limit or 8 rods. But if you don't do something right then or tell them in there face..... Don't cry here about it, do something. chill out bro this is a good time fishing website.

murder, death, kill :Death2Above:

I would like to have a lake with nothing but shad and stripers.

30lber
10-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Anyone fished skinner 20 years ago when 20 lbers
were common?.
If we all were to release the big ones and keep the smaller ones
the population today would have been stable.
Big stripers eat small stripers.
Why do you think skinner is over runned by minis?
Will the same thing happen at dvl?
Keep it up and time will tell.
As for lmb and sunfish.....i see a very healthy population at skinner
and dvl.
I release 99% of my catch...what about you.

30lber
10-12-2011, 08:19 AM

we have plenty of bass lakes. Why not have one with stripers and shad.
Im game for that.

Surfnsnowboard3
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Anyone fished skinner 20 years ago when 20 lbers
were common?.
If we all were to release the big ones and keep the smaller ones
the population today would have been stable.
Big stripers eat small stripers.
Why do you think skinner is over runned by minis?
Will the same thing happen at dvl?
Keep it up and time will tell.
As for lmb and sunfish.....i see a very healthy population at skinner
and dvl.
I release 99% of my catch...what about you.

Are you a biologist? How do you know that cuz people took too many big stripers that's why there are supposedly no more left at Skinner?

Do some research or talk to a biologist before you start spewing information on here. Hell, do a search on this forum. People have posted over and over again, including biologist, that we need to KILLas many stripers, big and small, as we can. They are WAY overpopulated in the lake.

30lber
10-12-2011, 08:38 AM
It doesnt take a biologist to study the water my friend.
When i first moved here in 1997 ive fished skinner 3 to 4 times a week
year round.
I use to see groups of 15 to 20lbers commonly chasing food at ramp one.
I dont see that anymore.
I must admit...when dvl
opened ive been ignoring skinner now.
I only fish it a few times a year.
Im not on here to rant or rave or point fingers at anyone.
This topic is really more about poaching than some kinda biology
that i wish we all could resolve by doing our dutys.

Godwad
10-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Are you a biologist? How do you know that cuz people took too many big stripers that's why there are supposedly no more left at Skinner?

Do some research or talk to a biologist before you start spewing information on here. Hell, do a search on this forum. People have posted over and over again, including biologist, that we need to KILLas many stripers, big and small, as we can. They are WAY overpopulated in the lake.

There are biologists on this forum encouraging people to ignore striper limits and kill everything you can? That sounds fairly irresponsible.

HawgZWylde
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM

From what I have learned, California has now listed Striper as a nuisance fish in fresh water lakes and reservoirs. Correct me if I'm wrong kwin. They will devour the shad and eat themselves and everything else out of existence. That is why the Stripers at Skinner are small and skinny. I have caught many Bass in Skinner that have huge heads and long skinny bodies. A sure sign of under eating. Stripers are a marine fish and should have stayed that way...KILL KILL KILL MR. Stripey...

30lber
10-12-2011, 06:42 PM
There are biologists on this forum encouraging people to ignore striper limits and kill everything you can? That sounds fairly irresponsible.

good to see a few are able to see outside the box.
When dvl was first under construction it was designed to
become califorina finest lmb fishery.
The big goof up is when they turned on the water and somehow the
stripers are in the lake.
So now the biologist are saying kill kill kill to prevent the over populating of
a bass lake.
They screwed up and its to our advantage to keep the lake prime with stripers.
I dont think at all, not for a second that the stripers will effect the bass population.
There both agressive preditors.
Look at skinner...i catch more bass than i do stripers.

eddiefishtaco
10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
kill them all
bass, stripers, trout
plant yellowtail.lol

fish-o-haulic
10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
So if there a nuisance fish but we still shouldnt kill them all what about kill the bigguns(the 20+lbers) and release the smalller ones. 30lber skinner wasnt the only lake with huge striper, some people may often hear me talk about the sizes of these striper in general in all of these striper lakes. Pyramid and silverwood were ones with goliath striper in there. I had a cousin who caught up a 40lb striper out of pyramid, and a friend who caught several 20lbers and who swore up and down he caught about 8 stripers in one trip that all weighed around 10lbs.

30lber
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Silverwood has takn a big hit. You can catch minis year round!
But for some reason every winter they seem to pop up.( trout stock season ).
I think they just got to smart from all the pressure over the years.
I dont know to much about whats going on at pyrmid,castaic, ect.
All i ask from all the fellow anglers is to take it easy.
Catch a hundred stripers and have fun,but release what your not going to eat.

As for those poachers out there.
Ill be out more often than usual. I will take down your cf no and report
you on the spot.

Surfnsnowboard3
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Silverwood has takn a big hit.
But for some reason every winter they seem to pop up.

you on the spot.

Nothing anybody can do with a CF number unless fish and game or a sworn person that has the power to cite witnesses it themselves. Just the way the law works.

30lber
10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Clearly understandable.
I do carry a camera if it helps any and report it to the marina.

fish-o-haulic
10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Silverwood has takn a big hit. You can catch minis year round!
But for some reason every winter they seem to pop up.( trout stock season ).
I think they just got to smart from all the pressure over the years.

you on the spot.

Wait i dont get it, you'll be out there more than normal just to catch poachers, or more than normal just cuz(just cuz meaning to fish).

seal
10-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Really Silverwood has taken a big hit? Um personal observation based on fishing Silverwood multiple times a week (most weeks at least 4 times) for many years now tells me a different story.

Silverwood may be unique in that it has retained a trophy striper population, if you know where and when, schoolie size stripers, huge LMB population that is just exploding etc.... but I already went over that earlier.

I'd like to have someone explain to me how those pesky kill everything stripers have co-existed for years with the LMB's at Silverwood. The LMB population seems to go up and down, the striper population does the same it seems, the shad have definitely taken a hit but have come roaring back this year.

I know this thread is about DVL and I'm not sure you can apply my annectdotal observations of Silverwood to DVL but how's the LMB population at DVL or the shad population?

I kind of think we are all guessing because unless studies (shocking and counting) are done to determine fish population counts for many years it's all just speculation, and catch and release on any size of stripers in my opinion is not going to help the health of the striper population or any other species in the lake. I would assume the bigger older fish produce the most babies so not taking them actually would create more school size, therefore more competition, but that's just an assumption, I have no scientific info. to back that up.

Sorry 30lber you may need a trip up to Silverwood, it's been a while since you've been there I'm thinking:LOL:!

30lber
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Seal, Your observation is just important than a so called biologist.
We can use more people like you who clearly understands thier lake
on a year round basis.
Im no pro at all just stating what could happen to the lake future (dvl) if we
keep this up.
There are 2 types of fishermen.
1: I like to call them 'conservationist' as they fish for fun
and only keep whats fair. They respect all bodys of water and release
when possible to conserve.
2: poachers. I like to call them greedy bastards who have no moral is conserving
to only think and take action at that moment to slaughter anything and
Everything they could get there stinky law breaking hands on.

Fish a haulic....I will do my duty when nessasary to bust any poaching
while enjoying the day fishing.
It would be expected the same from all of yous.

ghost2uu
10-13-2011, 12:04 PM
from what i have learned, california has now listed striper as a nuisance fish in fresh water lakes and reservoirs. Correct me if i'm wrong kwin. They will devour the shad and eat themselves and everything else out of existence. That is why the stripers at skinner are small and skinny. I have caught many bass in skinner that have huge heads and long skinny bodies. A sure sign of under eating. Stripers are a marine fish and should have stayed that way...kill kill kill mr. Stripey...

you are wrong. Water exporters want the the Striper listed as a nuisance fish so they can continue to export water and blame the stripers for the crash of the central coast salmon populations, and not the fact that they have changed the flow of the delta to flow to the pumps instead of the ocean.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
You got to much time....
Clearly understandable.
I do carry a camera if it helps any and report it to the marina.

HawgStalker
10-13-2011, 03:22 PM
This thread has been a great read either way.....

Whatever doesnt hurt the LMB population has my vote!

fish-o-haulic
10-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Seal, Your observation is just important than a so called biologist.
We can use more people like you who clearly understands thier lake
on a year round basis.
Im no pro at all just stating what could happen to the lake future (dvl) if we
keep this up.
There are 2 types of fishermen.
1: I like to call them 'conservationist' as they fish for fun
and only keep whats fair. They respect all bodys of water and release
when possible to conserve.
2: poachers. I like to call them greedy bastards who have no moral is conserving
to only think and take action at that moment to slaughter anything and
Everything they could get there stinky law breaking hands on.

Fish a haulic....I will do my duty when nessasary to bust any poaching
while enjoying the day fishing.
It would be expected the same from all of yous.

I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, but coming to fnn i learned alot. For example i had no idea of how popular lmb(I knew they were very popular but had no idea of bass nazis)were. I had no idea how big of a deal poaching was. I didnt know there were people who would take large chunks out of there fishing day to help bust poachers. I had no idea overall that people took fishing so seriously in general. I say this because i am a person who would fall somewhere in the middle of conservasionist and poacher. I keep my limit of fish i respect my bodies of water, i dont give poachers a second thought not just because i dont care if they poach but mainly because i think its a shame but am probably to lazy(trying to work on it) to do anything about it. I say this mainly because i was in walmart today and talked to a guy for a while about fishing and realized he wasnt neccesarily a poacher but all the little things alot of the people on this site pay attention to and on occasion whine about, he didnt see as a big deal or would even give a second thought about, which is basically how i was before coming to the site. Not saying thats neccesarily wrong or anything, but this guy basically bought his gear caught his limit and went home, which is alot how i was and kinda how i am still am. Again I know this was waaaaaaaayyyy off topic but just channeling this comment to the thing you said about there being 2 types of fisherman.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
10-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, but coming to fnn i learned alot. For example i had no idea of how popular lmb(I knew they were very popular but had no idea of bass nazis)were. I had no idea how big of a deal poaching was. I didnt know there were people who would take large chunks out of there fishing day to help bust poachers. I had no idea overall that people took fishing so seriously in general. I say this because i am a person who would fall somewhere in the middle of conservasionist and poacher. I keep my limit of fish i respect my bodies of water, i dont give poachers a second thought not just because i dont care if they poach but mainly because i think its a shame but am probably to lazy(trying to work on it) to do anything about it. I say this mainly because i was in walmart today and talked to a guy for a while about fishing and realized he wasnt neccesarily a poacher but all the little things alot of the people on this site pay attention to and on occasion whine about, he didnt see as a big deal or would even give a second thought about, which is basically how i was before coming to the site. Not saying thats neccesarily wrong or anything, but this guy basically bought his gear caught his limit and went home, which is alot how i was and kinda how i am still am. Again I know this was waaaaaaaayyyy off topic but just channeling this comment to the thing you said about there being 2 types of fisherman.

Good point! I say fish and let dfg do there job.

fish-o-haulic
10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Good point! I say fish and let dfg do there job.

Exaclty!!! Most guys I talk to that dont go on fishing forums have the same philosophy. They fish catch there limit of whatever and come home, and either dont pay attention to or are oblivious to the other problems we talk about on this site. Which i think if we all could be more like those guys we would all be better fisherman for it.

HawgZWylde
10-13-2011, 05:16 PM
you are wrong. Water exporters want the the Striper listed as a nuisance fish so they can continue to export water and blame the stripers for the crash of the central coast salmon populations, and not the fact that they have changed the flow of the delta to flow to the pumps instead of the ocean.

Lol, so I'm wrong huh? So everything I've paid attention to as an angler the last 40 years is just an illusion? Hmm, so Castaic is still a world class bass fishery? Pyramid is still still yielding trophy size bass? How about San Antonio lake? Where is all the trophy size bass I used to catch when I lived up there 20 years ago from that lake now? How about DVL, what happened to the 4th, 5th, and 6th+ generations of LMB's? Indeed, the lake was over 100+ feet down, so who ate those young bass at that time? Why aren't more 7-10+lb bass being caught more often? Where are the trophy size LMB's? The lake is definitely old enough. Shad? Sure, I've metered balls of Shad deep lately, but not nearly as much as in the past.

The Delta? Well, that's for another thread, as this thread really is about DVL. But I will say this, I'm a conservationist angler, not an extreme environmentalist. The Delta's problems are a sum of parts. There is a lot of misinformation, disinformation, and flat out propaganda surrounding that issue. Why do I say that you ask? Well, I minored in poli-sci and economics, I know it when I see it. There is a lot of politics involved with that debate and it is best left for another thread, in another part of this site.

And I will will also say this, you are wrong if you think Stripers will not destroy the diversity of freshwater lakes and reservoirs in California if left to themselves. Here, they breed very proficiently, unlike in lakes and reservoirs back east, where they do not reproduce in the numbers seen here. They need to be controlled by higher catch limits. I think they should raise it to 15 or 20. How long have you fished DVL? And how does the politics surrounding the Delta have any affect here?

fish-o-haulic
10-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Lol, so I'm wrong huh? So everything I've paid attention to as an angler the last 40 years is just an illusion? Hmm, so Castaic is still a world class bass fishery? Pyramid is still still yielding trophy size bass? How about San Antonio lake? Where is all the trophy size bass I used to catch when I lived up there 20 years ago from that lake now? How about DVL, what happened to the 4th, 5th, and 6th+ generations of LMB's? Indeed, the lake was over 100+ feet down, so who ate those young bass at that time? Why aren't more 7-10+lb bass being caught more often? Where are the trophy size LMB's? The lake is definitely old enough. Shad? Sure, I've metered balls of Shad deep lately, but not nearly as much as in the past.

The Delta? Well, that's for another thread, as this thread really is about DVL. But I will say this, I'm a conservationist angler, not an extreme environmentalist. The Delta's problems are a sum of parts. There is a lot of misinformation, disinformation, and flat out propaganda surrounding that issue. Why do I say that you ask? Well, I minored in poli-sci and economics, I know it when I see it. There is a lot of politics involved with that debate and it is best left for another thread, in another part of this site.

And I will will also say this, you are wrong if you think Stripers will not destroy the diversity of freshwater lakes and reservoirs in California if left to themselves. Here, they breed very proficiently, unlike in lakes and reservoirs back east, where they do not reproduce in the numbers seen here. They need to be controlled by higher catch limits. I think they should raise it to 15 or 20. How long have you fished DVL? And how does the politics surrounding the Delta have any affect here?

If i recall right in the 90's the limit was taken off striper for a while wasnt it.

one time
10-13-2011, 08:33 PM
I take a pair of dikes to every stripers gill plates, phuck em.

Godwad
10-13-2011, 08:42 PM

One or two fish a week ain't gonna do anything, good try though. :LOL:

yolo
10-13-2011, 08:46 PM

I chum with LMB chunks. :Shocked:

Godwad
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM

Seriously, when is the last time you hooked a striper? You're busy sitting on a point dropshotting a 4 inch worm for a 1 lbs LMB. Throw a plug/big swim bait for striper and you might hook that giant LMB you are dreaming about.

fish-o-haulic
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Seriously, when is the last time you hooked a striper? You're busy sitting on a point dropshotting a 4 inch worm for a 1 lbs LMB. Throw a plug/big swim bait for striper and you might hook that giant LMB you are dreaming about.

Bro the last time yolo hooked a striper was probably a few minutes ago. Dont beleive me, go check out his posts under the aqueduct part of the forum better yet go check his post history. Hes probably caught more stripers than anyone on this forum. Well hes caught at least as many as the bako's and gary LOL. But judging from the fact that you have only 8posts you probably dont come on the forum often enough to know what im talking about. just sayin

Godwad
10-13-2011, 09:16 PM
I wasn't responding to yolo, I was responding to "one time". I didn't quote, but it seems obvious if you follow the thread. Work with me here. I'll correct real quick.

fish-o-haulic
10-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh crap my bad. thought you were talkin about yolo. I was like WTF!!! everone of his reports is basically striper. But it makes sense cuz you werent talkin bout him.

bassnet
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM

Thanks Hawg- Castaic is the shining example of what stripers can do- Ask Giusti about it- cool that there will be 40 lb. stripers coming out of DVL, but it would be a better lake without them- of course I'm biased as a bass angler, it's a great lake for stripers now, but you could take every one you can catch and there's no way you could dent the population- I don't think you should just kill them and throw them in a dumpster, that's not cool at all, but take them and feed your family and friends, great eating and you might as well spread the wealth. Just my 2 cents DVL would be pumping out teen fish regularly by now if not for the linesides- still hoping the smallies keep getting bigger!

smokehound
10-14-2011, 02:38 AM
The main problem with stripers, is they run around in rather large schools and attack fish together, unlike LMB, which travel either alone, or in small shoals. Ever seen them maraud a shad school, and cram them into the bank?

They grow fast, and get big enough to swallow legal-sized LMB (and will if given the chance).

I say dont eradicate stripers, but keep the pressure on them. Its good to have a predator large enough to eat several small bluegill in a day. As the apex predator of the lake, it is our duty to ensure the stripers don't get too out of hand.

If you're catching micros, switch to lures! (and if already doing so, go bigger!)

30lb'er, I do not believe we have met, I only visited skinner with my neighbors, and a couple of other friends.

vanillagurilla
10-14-2011, 03:04 AM
The main problem with stripers, is they run around in rather large schools and attack fish together, unlike LMB, which travel either alone, or in small shoals. Ever seen them maraud a shad school, and cram them into the bank?

yeah actually i have lol, silverwood is another lake that is loaded with schoolie stripers. Sure once in a while a big one is caught but whens the last time a 30+lber was caught? lol, same thing happens with lmb, lots of 1-3lbers but no big ones in a lake like that.

seal
10-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Changed my mind, you guys are right, no big fish left in Silverwood, only schoolies, carry on.......

TroutOnly
10-14-2011, 08:39 AM
One major difference between dvl and skinner ,skinners small and shallow, dvl is big and deep, mr striper loves big and deep,,as long as people obey the law the stripers keep going,castaic is the most pressured and poached lake and still as more monsters than you can count,,,,,,,,,,

seal
10-14-2011, 08:46 AM
One major difference between dvl and skinner ,skinners small and shallow, dvl is big and deep, mr striper loves big and deep,,as long as people obey the law the stripers keep going,castaic is the most pressured and poached lake and still as more monsters than you can count,,,,,,,,,,

Yup there seems to be an assumption that if your not catching multiple 10 pounders per day, everyday, then there are no big stripers left. I think Silverwood may have one or two left also:Secret:.

30lber
10-14-2011, 08:58 AM
My bad smoke hound.
I knew a guy by that name a few years back.
To the subject! Question yourself....who would win a fight?
5Lb lmb or a 5 lb striper.
I think lmb would win!
Also lmb do school up and feed on shad, rodents, other fish, snakes, aligators annnnnnd stripers!
Also. .trout only...... Look at colorado river!
Very shallow in most areas and 20 to 30 lbers or so come out of the river.
Cold water and flow is the 2 top common reasons! Excluding food.
Everyone, well most everyone fish the inlets.why?
Water flow and stripers congregates on these areas.
You can find stripers all over the lake.....too.

30lber
10-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Yup there seems to be an assumption that if your not catching multiple 10 pounders per day, everyday, then there are no big stripers left. I think Silverwood may have one or two left also:Secret:.
One or 2 left??????
Your lucky.lol

HawgStalker
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I chum with LMB chunks. :Shocked:

I dont find the humor in that at all..... Lol!

Seriously tho....not funny bro!

eggot
10-14-2011, 02:59 PM
I find it ridiculous that some guys on here are justifying the poaching... talk about hypocrisy, breaking the rules is breaking the rules. Stripers are gonna exist no matter what, so just kill em til your limit with 2 rods max like any other respectable angler. I love fishing for both LMB and stripers, but lets be real here, what's more fun to catch?

The only reason the LMB is so coveted is because we started fishing in a society that says they're God's gift to fish. I was brainwashed too, they're just fish in the end. Too bad I'm still too brainwashed to actually keep one haha...

yolo
10-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I dont find the humor in that at all..... Lol!

Seriously tho....not funny bro!

Who said I was being funny? LOL!

30lber
10-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Well, duty calls for 30lber.
Check list:
camera....check
fishing pole....check
tazer gun....check
radio....check
Cell phone....check
dfg & marinas no#....check
swimbaits....check
regulation book....check
pepper spray....check.

Im all packed and ready to go fishing and bust a few poachers.
See yall in the waters.

yolo
10-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Birdie, Is that you? Nice screen name you picked , lol.

seal
10-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Dodo, Is that you? Nice screen name you picked , lol.

Nice Silverside Yolo!

30lber
10-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes... Nice silverside!

yolo
10-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Tis the season of the silverside, unfortunately not many around this year for some reason.

seal
10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Tis the season of the silverside, unfortunately not many around this year for some reason.

I think they swam to Silverwood, with the head lamp I had on tonight the water was boiling with them after dark.

mister c
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Kill, kill, kill!

mr. Stripey weights more than 20 pounds, some more than 30#s
like the ones 30 pounder catches and releases on a daily basis

the ones beign landed are the baby-stripeys not mr.stripey

so if we end up with nothing but minis that can't grow because of food,
and therefore can not reproduce, because are small,...minis
where these minis come from?

The aqueduct striper egg and fry delivery system maybe??

scott e
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks Hawg- Castaic is the shining example of what stripers can do- Ask Giusti about it- cool that there will be 40 lb. stripers coming out of DVL, but it would be a better lake without them- of course I'm biased as a bass angler, it's a great lake for stripers now, but you could take every one you can catch and there's no way you could dent the population- I don't think you should just kill them and throw them in a dumpster, that's not cool at all, but take them and feed your family and friends, great eating and you might as well spread the wealth. Just my 2 cents DVL would be pumping out teen fish regularly by now if not for the linesides- still hoping the smallies keep getting bigger!

THIS!!! with one addition, if they increased the limit to 25, have a fridge, dumpster kinda thing w/ ice whatever and feed people that need feeding! Why the heck not? Also, killing the big ones is very helpful as they spawn the most eggs. Just a thought...

TroutOnly
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
A running river 30lber total different story than a res ,much easier to spawn and much easier to hide from the humans,,,,,,,,,,,,

30lber
10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
T/o....check out the north east corner and let me know what you see in the water near the shallow end by the shore fishermen.
They look to be striper fry.
By the millions!

30lber
10-24-2011, 08:03 AM
T/o....check out the north east corner and let me know what you see in the water near the shallow end by the shore fishermen.
They look to be striper fry.
By the millions!

yolo
10-24-2011, 01:12 PM
I doubt you're seeing striper fry. It's well beyond the fry stage in their life cycle for this year. You are most likely seeing silversides.

HawgZWylde
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I doubt you're seeing striper fry. It's well beyond the fry stage in their life cycle for this year. You are most likely seeing silversides.

Exactly. We were out last Tuesday fishing the pea soup with topwater at the same end of the lake. They (silversides) were jumping out of the water in many spots, I threw a senko where they were jumping and nailed LMB's one after another. Pea soup is good stuff for LMB'S...

30lber
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I guess that answers my question.
There body shape are simular to striper fry or like what you said yolo. (Silverside).
I knew they were not shads or lmb frys.

seal
10-25-2011, 07:45 PM
I guess that answers my question.
There body shape are simular to striper fry or like what you said yolo. (Silverside).
I knew they were not shads or lmb frys.

Silversides are skinny, shad have fatter profiles and that dot on the shad stands out pretty well also.