PDA

View Full Version : Scotty pot puller

Hometown
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Has any one used the scotty crab pot puller that fits in a scotty rod holder.if so how do you like it

Saba Slayer
10-11-2011, 05:51 PM
It's called the Scotty Trap-Eze and it works pretty good. It's the smallest and least expensive of the manual haulers out there. It'll save your back and your gel coat.
A lot of the kayakers use it. You can find it at the OEX kayak shops in SD and Sunset beach.
Jim / Saba Slayer

Hometown
10-12-2011, 05:56 PM
thanks Jim

exfactor
10-12-2011, 08:56 PM
If you put 5/8 rope on your gear, way easier, and doesn't dig into the gelcoat. Its just one more thing to do each time, and so far I haven't seen a need for it. If you stand up straight, and pull with your forearms, no big, and your sleeves stay dry, and your back doesn't hurt later.

LBSea
10-26-2011, 04:48 PM
I have one on my kayak and it is the way to go. Much smoother and Less jerky then pulling by Hand over hand and because it is a pulley it makes the load lighter than pulling strait up. You will thank me after you third set of pulls especially if you have a bad back like I do. Another nice thing is it keeps the hoop out away so when you get it to the surface you don't bang the side of your boat or kayak as much as pulling strait up. These thing are cheap for what you gain in return and with the base it comes right off when not using. If you have not tried this device you really should before you comment on whether or not to get one.

Hometown
10-26-2011, 05:06 PM
lbsEA THANKS i PLAN ON PICKING 1 UP

LBSea
10-26-2011, 10:22 PM
lbsEA THANKS i PLAN ON PICKING 1 UP

Try hook1 they are very cool people and have a great web site with a ton of cool stuff for kayaking and tubing. They are in dana point and usually ship to you in 1-3 days. Really fast and great prices.