PDA

View Full Version : Oct 10 Upper lake

jowo
10-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Went out with a couple of buddies, launched a little late around 7:15. Started at the buoyline, which is completely gone. Fished the cove on the inside right, Picked a couple of LMB, including my first senko fish, which went 2-3 pounds. Some marks that looked like stripers that wouldn't bite.
Gave up on that spot around 10 (buddy also got a cat that went 10.8# in there on the cut sardine), and ran all the way to the other side. Saw the end of a boil at the back of Elizabeth Canyon with 4 boats on it, stayed in the area and saw TONS of fish on the meter, looked like stripers, but couldn't get bit using cut bait or lures.
Only got to fish there 1/2 an hour before I had to go, buddies dropped me off and went back to E Canyon, saw fish all day but only got another cat, smaller at 2.8#.
Guys at the dock said they were boiling all over on Saturday, and that it's been a one day on, one day off type of bite lately. Guess we hit on the off day...

sumojo
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice job out there on the lake getting some action .

Big Jess
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I was the guy on the center console by my self, we talked a bit about the lack of boils....I only got three largies on the jerkbait, burned some fule looking for boils feverishly.

Tight lines

jowo
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
yeah, it was a SLOW day. Though the LMB got me psyched enough that I've picked up some roboworms and plan to target them next time if the stripers don't bite. Fun to have something to pull on. Also have to get a dehooker; the one I got that day somehow swallowed the 4" senko way down deep. Had to cut the line rather than risk killing him while taking the hook out.