PDA

View Full Version : 7' 0" Shimano rod?

Lakerfan160
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
My dad bought me a 7'0" rod i dont know wats it for maybe for drop shotting,frogs,crankbaits idk can u guys plz help. thanks guys:Smile:

Rogue
10-10-2011, 11:50 PM
I think people would need little more information on the rod. Like Rod action/tip action, Line weight etc before they can help you a little more.

etaggart
10-11-2011, 06:30 AM
spincaster/baitcaster/zebco?

Freshwater/Salwater?

Real brand/model?

For me, any rod is for any condition :) I'll try to make anything work!!!! OK, maybe fly-fishing with a marlin-stick is a little tough, but I'll give it a try!!

Fysher
10-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Give us the model number of the rod and then we can shine in some information about it.

Lakerfan160
10-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Im so sorry guys i should of give u guys more info on the rod. all right i tell u all the info thats on the rod Its a SHIMANO CATANA Graphite rod, i think this is the model number not sure ,CT-70MHB, lenght 7'0" line WT. 12-25lb. lure wt. 3/8-1oz. thats all the info on the rod. i only freshwater fish so,

TheAsianGuy
10-11-2011, 08:30 PM
That puppy is ready for some major actions. Basses, cats, carps, or even ocean fishing off piers or shores. Take it out to hunt stripers and whipers.

It will take on all the casting methods on all types of heavy lures. Frogs, crawdads, live baits, dead baits, first born, baby ducks, rats, what ever. That rod can handle it!

Lakerfan160
10-11-2011, 08:37 PM
That puppy is ready for some major actions. Basses, cats, carps, or even ocean fishing off piers or shores. Take it out to hunt stripers and whipers.

It will take on all the casting methods on all types of heavy lures. Frogs, crawdads, live baits, dead baits, first born, baby ducks, rats, what ever. That rod can handle it!

lol thx for the info.

DarkShadow
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Frogs, crawdads, live baits, dead baits, first born, baby ducks, rats, what ever. That rod can handle it!

First born?

Now, do you have to CATCH the first born in the body of water you're planning on using them at?

Or can you catch a few and transport them to another body of water?

Coefficient13
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
+ Carolina rig
+ Any method where you gotta move a lotta line to get a hookset
+ Kayak trolling, why not

TheAsianGuy
10-12-2011, 05:04 PM
First born?

Now, do you have to CATCH the first born in the body of water you're planning on using them at?

Or can you catch a few and transport them to another body of water?

:LOL: Well, up to you. Catch it from one body of water, and fish at the same water, or bring it to another. By the way, the first born was meant about his first born child as a humor..hahahahaha. I think he got the joke.