PDA

View Full Version : important.

Matt_Magnone
10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
the only reason this post has been posted in the "DVL" forum is because i feel that a broad range of our customer base visits this forum in specific.

ive recently got "word", true or not, that fisherman are looking at me in a different light. customer service and service to be specific. ive been working in the fishing industry my whole life and take pride in everything related to fishing. the last thing i would like to happen is for fisherman to think of me different and lose your support or confidence in all things related. as always, customers come first and my "bite" comes second.

through public forum i feel this is a way for you to voice your opinions or concerns without having to make yourselves "known" or avoid confrontation.

id rather have someone say something direct than keep it inside and never make a problem known. please feel free to PM me regarding a problem or solution you may have or call the shop at (951) 658-7410. i take pride in my customer service abilities and would like to find a way to better a problem if any should happen to arise.

as always, i value your support and business.
Matt

headcase881
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey matt your customer serivice is awsome every time I walk in u guys ask me if I need help instanly then guide me to where I can find the exact thing great customer service don't stress can't please everyone

Matt_Magnone
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
thanks man i appreciate it.

Marley
10-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I have no idea where that came from but I can tell you that, as someone who has never met you, my impression of your customer service skills as based on your posts here is that you raise the bar considerably.
I have interviewed prospective employees for years and can tell you that one gets an idea, a "gut feeling" really quickly; you are a "keeper" and asset to be protected. Don't ever let someone's bad attitude take that from you!

TrouTracker
10-10-2011, 02:06 PM
I've known Matt for some time now. I knew him back in the old Baja Vinnies days in Temecula. Later, he came to Last Chance in Hemet. One thing that always stood out about Matt was that he was totally dedicated to his craft of fishing. He spends countless hours with customers about what's happening in the local lakes, especially DVL. The other thing that stands out is that Matt is so professional for his age.

Recently, at the Striper King Classic, Matt totally volunteered to help with the tournament. Prior to the tournament, he helped organize the inspection part, making sure that all boats were checked properly. The morning of the tournament, he was there bright and early at 4:00am checking boats and making sure that we got started on the right foot. Matt never asked for a penny for his efforts and was pleased to help.

We all know that you can't please all the people all the time. It's just impossible. Working with Matt and knowing him for several years, he's a definite asset to the fishing community. In fact, I've missed his reports on the FNN. Let's all support Matt and let him know we appreciate his time that he spends with all of us.

Barry

Bassman1974
10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Matt,

They must have the wrong guy that they are talking about, or they are straight up A-- H----, you have always gave the up most honest advise of any guy I have ever met, dont worrie about anything, I know for a fact you have wat more respect of people that not. You can not please everyone. You have been the same for all the years that I have know you so dont change the way you are just because a few guys got there underware in a bunch. Your a great guy don't sweat those D--- heads.

HawgStalker
10-10-2011, 02:59 PM
It was suggested I see Matt cuz I was looking to start throwing swimbaits and punkers etc.

Went to Last Chance and recognized him as well from that Temecula store.... Matt was very helpful and suggested a solid swim combo that wouldnt break the bank!

You can tell when somebody really enjoys what they do... Matt is one of those people!!!

Kareem Korn
10-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Other than you checking out my *** everytime I've come in to the shop.......................

Your good people.

eddiefishtaco
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I have nothing but cool things to say about Matt,
he is a awesome fisherman fresh and salt,
and a true gentleman, is always ready to help.

come on people, we dont have many guys like him,
get to know him, you may learn something, and make
a true friend.

ghost2uu
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Other than you checking out my *** everytime I've come in to the shop.......................

Your good people.
YOU too? Sometimes when you undress me with your eyes it makes me feel you should at least buy me lunch first. LOL People should be glad I don't work at last chance. My line would be "BUBBLE GUM PINK floating worms have been the ticket lately." Keep up the good work Matt.

HawgZWylde
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Sorry to see you have to make a post like this Matt. In all my dealings with you, you have always conducted yourself in a complete professional manor. I'm surprised many times that an angler of your caliber would divulge the amount of info and "tricks" that you do. I hold you in the highest regard as an angler and look forward to going to the shop as your customer service is outstanding. I sincerely hope you can work out whatever the problem is with whomever it is with, and move on. Good luck, and kudos to you for attempting to solve a possible problem like a man, and a professional...

dixoncider
10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Always going to be haters..nothing you can do about it..

Matt_Magnone
10-10-2011, 08:33 PM
i appreciate the kind words guys. when i hear bad comments about something i hold so passionate, its like i got a swift kick to the rib cage. like i mentioned before, i value your support and business as well as everyone else at last chance.

for everyone, if there is anything i can do better let me know. fishing is my true passion and i want to be in the industry till the day i die.

as far as the *** comments go :Surprised:... maybe you guys need to stop walking in wearing these! :EyePop:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpEZYvmBLIw2j5buthcdQRK_YYsAH-Wzr0DPRnaYja3tfzFWEkcllNXKuQbg

ddoskocil
10-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice...
Of course, there are going to be a ton of great replies to this thread, as all the fishermen I know truly respect the knowledge and advice that Matt gives. It may seem to the new guy that this is a ploy of Matt to get in good graces, but I know it is not. Matt truly enjoys his job, and takes pride in helping other anglers. There are always going to be some people who disagree. And like Matt said, maybe he did something unknowingly. But he put it out there that if he did, it was unintentional. The purpose of this forum is to show your stuff, sure, but also to help others. It's not a bragging forum, but an informational one. Give as much or as little detail as you wish. We can all take a few tips even from the shortest of reports. As for Matt, he gives AWESOME reports, and anytime I call the shop, he takes the time to give me great advice and details on the latest bite, even though I can only fish 1 of every 4 times I want too. Keep fishin'
Goin' Deep!

twcthfsh
10-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Matt--Keep doing what you are doing! Great service and great tips on how to fish DVL.

HawgZWylde
10-10-2011, 10:20 PM
i appreciate the kind words guys. when i hear bad comments about something i hold so passionate, its like i got a swift kick to the rib cage. like i mentioned before, i value your support and business as well as everyone else at last chance.

for everyone, if there is anything i can do better let me know. fishing is my true passion and i want to be in the industry till the day i die.

as far as the *** comments go :Surprised:... maybe you guys need to stop walking in wearing these! :EyePop:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpEZYvmBLIw2j5buthcdQRK_YYsAH-Wzr0DPRnaYja3tfzFWEkcllNXKuQbg

LMAO!!!

Oh s**t man, where in the f*** did you find that dude. LOL...

Geraldlim
10-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Matt is a true gentleman, who has willingly and freely shared his vast knowledge to help in my education as an angler. As such he is a true benefactor to me! Thanks Sensei Matt!

As a matter of fact, Matt shares so much with everyone that he hurts his own fishing as people follow him around the lake uninvited. But his passion to teach is so great he does it anyway!

Kudos to you Matt!

DKCbassman
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
A small group of friends and myself frequent DVL and have since the official opening of the lake. Mind you, we are not dashers because some of us are not so young anymore, but we are known at the lake and respect is shown toward us (Because we fish hard and legally).

So one day we are all fishing hard, boils popping around us, fish flying out of the water here and there, etc,etc. There were only 5 of us there and this"guy"shows up, who we dont know by name, but see him here frequently. I give him the (whats up nod) and he does the same back. So I launch a 60-65 yard cast, as soon as my bait hits the water, a large boils pops up at my feet. I look at "The guy" and he is just watching them boil at my feet. Since my bait is too far out to reel up and re-cast I just keep working the bait. The boil continues at my feet, I look at "the guy" and said "What are you doing man hit them!" He says "I didn't want to spook your fish." WHAT?ARE YOU SERIOUS ? SOMEBODY ACTUALLY RESPECTING ANOTHER PERSONS SPOT ?

I dont know Matt personally, I don't have his contact info, I've talked to him in line a few times and once at the shop. TALK ABOUT A CLASS ACT GUY!

ddoskocil
10-11-2011, 11:33 AM
DKC, nice story. Yeah, it can get a little crowded on the shore when they are going off in one particular spot. Plenty of fish for everyone!

30lber
10-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Matt, its me lou ( custom wrapped rago ).
Dont sweat these people and you cant please everyone.
Some people would take advantage of your expertise that holds great
value to others ( your respect ).
Dont sweat it bro.....do what you do best!
The rest can F- off.

RBG
10-14-2011, 07:35 PM
HawgZWylde, said exactly what I was thinking while reading the first two pages. Obviously whom ever this came from docent know you very well. Keep up the exceptionally good work.

Russ

kayakbass
10-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Matt
Only word in these guys is 'jealousy' cause they can't be a professional fisherman like you. You'll always had been a problem solver for years on these lake. If they talk sh***t about you, don't worry be happy. Spend more time at
the lake will you? Make sure make some custom swimbait soon, so we're all enjoys what you have to offer.
Tommy L-the rock