PDA

View Full Version : JeffO and Sublime_Steve @ Perris 10/8

JeffO
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Headed all the way out to Perris Saturday morning, met up with Steve (Sublime_Steve) at the launch ramp, got the boat in the water, and we were off at 6:30am. Hit the island first thing for some really good top water action. Steve picked one up right away and I ended up boating 4 top water fish in about an hour and a half until the sun came out full force. Moved to the NE side and fished the brush with frogs, creature baits, jigs for nothing. Went to the Bernascoli area fishing drop shot and Steve picked up a 1.5lb. That was all the action over there. Headed to the trench around 10:30 or so and ran into KonaCrush out there on his float tube (nice meeting you dude). Steve dropped his T-rigged creature down there in 30ft and BAM, fish on right away. CPR, line back in, then BAM, another. Steve picked up 2 in about 10 minutes. Nothing there for the next hour. Moved around to various spots like the east end, ramp area, tire reef only for a few misses and 1 dink frog blow-up. Finally around 4:00 the fishing picked back up. I got 3 more on DS and 1 dink on top water. Off the water at 6:30pm which is when all boats have to be off. Day total: 11 LMB, biggest 3 lb 2 oz.

Really fun day all around. Thanks for hosting me out there, Steve! We'll hit it up again soon. All pics posted in chronological order...
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/JeffOFish/Bass%20Fishing/IMG02186-20111008-0702.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/JeffOFish/Bass%20Fishing/IMG02187-20111008-0725.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/JeffOFish/Bass%20Fishing/IMG02188-20111008-1014.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/JeffOFish/Bass%20Fishing/IMG02190-20111008-1104.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/JeffOFish/Bass%20Fishing/IMG02189-20111008-1053.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/JeffOFish/Bass%20Fishing/IMG02191-20111008-1509.jpg

TheAsianGuy
10-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Excellent day there boys. Surprise you guys didn't land larger ones along the dam. Looks like you guys using 4" to 6" plastic worms? Those basses rather take plastic over the real thing 5 to 1 for some odd reason. Looks like us live worms users going to convince those LMB to eat them better :LOL: I always give them a full chunky live one before putting them back into the water as a reward for putting up with me.

Did the park open at 7am now, or still at 6am? I managed to get in at 6am last week, but a few of my friends said the entrance have switched to 7am?! I thought it was not suppose until November, or am I wrong?

JeffO
10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty sure all were caught on 4" plastics, none on 6".... We never even fished the dam, only the east side of the buoy line for about 45 min. That was only the 2nd time I've ever been there so I still have plennnnty to learn about Perris.

The lake opened at 6:00am on Saturday. I believe that's the schedule until November but I'd double check with the lake staff.

bassgrabber1
10-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Excellent day there boys. Surprise you guys didn't land larger ones along the dam. Looks like you guys using 4" to 6" plastic worms? Those basses rather take plastic over the real thing 5 to 1 for some odd reason. Looks like us live worms users going to convince those LMB to eat them better :LOL: I always give them a full chunky live one before putting them back into the water as a reward for putting up with me.

Did the park open at 7am now, or still at 6am? I managed to get in at 6am last week, but a few of my friends said the entrance have switched to 7am?! I thought it was not suppose until November, or am I wrong?

Park is going to stay open at 6am but now closes at 8:30 and boats have to be off the water at 6:30.

Konacrush
10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Nice jeff it was nice too meet you too bra. I was just down there today at the boat launch with steve he caught two or three bows i beat the skunk with one bow but as for the lmb nada Mabey there feeding at night cause its been slow fo me i'll try again on Wednesday mabey . WTG on yours and steves hanapa'a oh full moon tonight :Sad:

TheAsianGuy
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the confirmation James.

Kona, LMB feeds really early in the morning (surface down to 5ft), somewhere during mid day (deep in the water between 12 to 25ft), and late in the afternoon (3ft to 10ft). You'll see them popping out of the water about 3ft above surface nailing those dragonflies that still hovers above the surface every now and then in the middle of the day. They actively hunt on the surface again as the sun starts to set (4 to 8pm). So, choose your hunt time wisely, based on species. Oh, another thing about fishes in that crazy lake: hunt based on moon phases. New moon (totally dark nights) and full moon, they're as active as werewolves and vampires throughout the days. 1/4 moon and 3/4 moon, not sure..they feed oddly throughout the day, varying hours. Good luck buddy.

Konacrush
10-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Mahalo asian mabey i'll see you out there thanks for da tip

Sublime-Steve
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Jeff had a blast and would love to do it again the fishing should be better soon, I hit the shore today with konacrush ( who was in his tube) and mestre909 was on shore with me no bass, I got 3 trout all let go. slow bite should pick up soon. Theasianguy when do you think the bass bite will pick up?

JeffO
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Jeff had a blast and would love to do it again the fishing should be better soon

helllllll yeah! I'll try getting back out there in the next few weeks. Rest assured I'll be hitting you up to hop on board for the day.

TheAsianGuy
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Theasianguy when do you think the bass bite will pick up?

Suggestions based on the notes I've taken from site's scouting and fun in the water:

6am-8:30am:
Parking lots 11&12, just 15 to 35 feet off the shoreline if you're on boat. 150ft west from the ramp if you're shorelining. 75ft along the tules if you're going towards the east from the ramp. Boils can be observed every other 5 to 20 minutes if you can get a nice 5ft height off the water. Thank goodness I have a standing platform for my toon.

The enter stretch of the dam. Either carps or basses jumped about 75ft from the rock shore. I noticed 1 solid 5+ lbs bass did a nice belly flop back into the water.

Bernasconi ramp, 25ft to the east along the tules, or 150ft west right into the shallow cove. Competition between panfishes and basses for the surface bugs can be seen.

9 to 11am:

Go deep along the south side of the island or the dam. Fish finder will tell you where they are and what their depths. but I can truly vouch they're at the 7 to 25ft levels.

11:30 to 1pm:

be adviced for surface explosion throughout the deeper part of the water.

Notes end. Sorry..didn't stay too long after lunch hours for additional scoping.

Leo

Sublime-Steve
10-11-2011, 07:18 AM
It was rough yesterday. and it was a full moon lastnite. does that have anything to do with it?

TheAsianGuy
10-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Yep. They spent all their time last night to hunt, and attempting to evade predators in the morning hours. If you get out there early enough, you'll get some one the surface. Otherwise, go deep.

fish-o-haulic
10-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Ive been hitting the duct and alot of major striper lakes this year. Next year more fishing time is going to perris irvine corona SARL and the duct. This year ive hit the duct like almost every week but only for real short periods of time. Im doing more trout and cats next year, these stripers have me running around too much LOL. Hey asian guy hows catfishing at perris never been, had an uncle thats been a few times but am looking to hit it up when i can. Next year(hopefully starting early next year) Im gonna be fishing like crazy and catching like crazy. and hopefully finally meet me an fnner.

TheAsianGuy
10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Deandrew, great to hear you're coming down to the local water holes. PM me when you're planning to come. Hope we can synch up for the water fun. Just got my new rod-reel combo for panfishes and trouts. Nothing fancy. Quantum Micro XT ultra light, since my 15 years old rod (broke) and reel (spring snapped) took a dive. $40 at BPS, and perfect size for my 12yrs old to play with later at Gregory. Now, time to get a few 4'6" ultra light poles for my other kids to hunt trouts this winter.

As for the cats at Perris, talked to quite a few people renting large pontoon to do family outings, hunting only cats and panfishes. They said bullheads are good. They caught a few channel cats in the mix, anywhere between 1 to 5lbs. From the cooler they've shown me, for every 5 to 7 panfishes, there were 1 bullhead/channel in the mix. Saw a nice stringer of bullheads, carps, and a cooler of panfishes last outing as they were heading in. Of course, they had 5 pairs of arms to play with.

tree
10-11-2011, 05:44 PM
nice job fishin! lake perris has been on and off for the bass since the weather was sour last week.

fishmounter
10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
JeffO- Check your PMs. I sent you one.

JeffO
10-12-2011, 09:33 AM
nice job fishin! lake perris has been on and off for the bass since the weather was sour last week.

Thanks, tree! We had a blast... anxious to hear how the fishing will be in a few weeks when fall is in full swing.
@fishmounter, PM replied!