PDA

View Full Version : Only a nibble

Cableguy
10-10-2011, 08:26 AM
So one of the guys from work wanted to go out Saturday morning. I haven't had much luck in the day and preferr evening duct fishing but he is new to the duct and was worried about falling in in the dark. After getting skuned that day I felt like throwing him in. Any ways hit 3 spots, about 2 miles each stop for nothing. Ended up throwing some chicken liver out for a bit and kept getting nibbled on something that was takining the bait. Tried to snag what ever it was several times but no luck. I mean this fish or what ever it was kept taking most of the bait every time. Tried throwing several lures at it but you know those educated fish were not having it. Went back to throw the CL in and there he goes again. Any ideas of what would do that? I mean it would hit like Pirana, it was that active.

sumojo
10-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Micro stripers i always get them at some of the spots i go to put a smaller hook on
and you will get one stripers love chicken liver .

yolo
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Micro stripers i always get them at some of the spots i go to put a smaller hook on
and you will get one stripers love chicken liver .

Yes. I agree 100%, it's the 6" micros. The piranha description is good as is what I like to call it the "grinder" bite. It's a non stop quick hits until the bait is ground down to the hook and gone. Put a tiny hook on and a tiny chunk of liver and cast out only like 6' to 8' and let it slowly sink down and drift and they will attack it viciously. Keep a little slack line and when it starts bouncing and straightening set the hook. Those micros are all over. A great sign of another good AV spawn. There are a lot of 14" to 18" fish too. They will hit a little more traditionally than the micro grinders. Also the bigger lure biters have been getting meatier and meatier.

Cableguy
10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Good to know, Thanks guys.