PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory 10/7.

La-Califa
10-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Was planning to go to Lake Perris, but really didn't want to deal with all the moss & the distinct possibility of getting skunked again! So by some of the stories on this forum I decided to try & give Lake Gregory a go.
I was pleasantly suprised! pretty nice Lake, settled over by the fountain area. It was a little cold up there. but it was worth it. caught two Trout's and caught five Bullhead Catfish! had a blast, lookibg foreward to going back as soon as possible!

mjc89
10-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Ya man Gregory is a nice lake. First time me and my brother went we killed the trout. Caught three 3 pounders that day. We caught over 20 trout that day. We went back a couple times more. We still caught fish but not as many. My brother caught a couple nice nize 4 to 5 pounders. We lost one right on the shore. Cant wait till next year to go again. I love that lake now. Well the good thing is you caught something and didnt get skunked.

TheAsianGuy
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Excellent haul. Gregory is always great during winter season. Try to catch the trouts after 3 to 5 days after planting. They will migrate towards the north and east end of the lake, we call it the "Trout Lagoon", the from the shallow beach where they got dropped off. Cats are crazy near the diamond baseball field. If you have the strength and bravery, wade the water to your knees when you can, cast 300+ ft into to the darkest water areas using a 1oz flat weight, the BIG channel cats are there. They will give you the run for your money. I had 4lbs test line for the trouts, and was not expecting those cats to jump the crawler. They unwound my entire 250 yards of line during the battles, and nearly dragged my 4 years old into the water. Wicked fun.

La-Califa
10-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks! Sounds great, will try! First time there, just quickly settled in east of the fountain area. far end of parking lot. Had alot of fun going after the Bullheads! Haha. will try & look for the baseball field next time. Had great time though. :)

jpod
10-12-2011, 07:28 PM
do u have to pay to fish ther

ordane
10-12-2011, 07:36 PM
do u have to pay to fish ther
Nope.. Free and close! It's about 20 min from Riverside(Fairmount side).

jpod
10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
so its closer then jenks lake

jpod
10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
can u float tube ther and how is the trout fishing up ther what do they hit on

ordane
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure about the float tubing or boating I've only done the shore thing there, I typically use Crawlers. I've gotten Bass and Bluegill there also but the Trouts & Cats are definitely more popular. Garlic Marshmellows work good for the trout(green ones!).

...And yea I'd say definitely closer than jenks. About 3/5s of the way to Arrowhead up the 18.

TheAsianGuy
10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Gregory is free to fish. Just need the license. If you want to tube, that will cost you $7, or is it $8 now. You have to launch from the beach next to the pier, while wearing the ultra bright orange vest. They will allow you to wear your own, if it meets their standards. You also need to be out of the water by 5pm.

mjc89
10-12-2011, 11:56 PM
If you want to float tube it you have to pay a fee. If you want to fish from a boat they have boats there with out engines. They do not allow private boats in the water. You can take a trolling motor if you have one and put it on there boats to move around.

Ultralight
10-13-2011, 11:39 PM
I believe the float tube fee is $10 per day. Or $100 for the entire year season pass. Not 100% sure but probably correct.

UL