PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake report Saturday 10-8-11

fuadramsey
10-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I got my last round of cat fishing this season yesterday. Me and a couple buddies started out on a boat and headed towards the west shore right after the boat races.

We sat there for an hour and did not got any bites on some dip bait that did not stick. From here on out we used mackerel for bait. We then moved towards Sierra Cove and the damn. Lots of boats over there but we did not see any catching. Then moved towards the cove and nothing there either. It was dark by then and we also tried the west fork with no luck.

It was about 9:45 when we tried Santiago flats. We heard some guys catching on the other side of the trees so we moved the boat over there. Within 15 minutes we got some bites. Within the hour we landed four cats 2-6 to 3 pounders. I also lost a potential 6 pounder. I'll get a net with a longer handle from now on until I learn more.

So it was a blast getting out there and catching at Irvine. That was my first catch (second attempt) there. I'll be back in November for trout!

33279 Even though his hand stayed clean, Tim learned using the same piece of bait the whole night does not cat fish.

33280 Tim and Damion starting the party.

33278 Me Damion proudly holding up our 4 catfish stringer.

mjc89
10-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice catch man. Irvine is a good lake. Every time ive gone ive caught something. The cats are in the shade during the day. But when night comes they come out to play. Glad you guys caught fish.