PDA

View Full Version : DVL on 10/8

Hole Pounder
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Went out to DVL Saturday to target LMB. Decided to spring for a deluxe bass boat with my buddy. 1st time using a fish finder. After waiting to get in the marina for 40 minutes and a 20 minute line in the Marina trailer, we were on the water at 7:45. Hit a few points and coves on the north side with no luck. Didnt mark any fish at all. Headed over to the point on the south side. Started marking fish at 30-40'. My buddy caught a dink then about 15 minutes later caught a decent 3 lber. Thought we were in the money and would be enjoying a day of active bassin. I was wrong. not another fish til 4:00. I got 2 - 2 lbers in about 30 minutes. Marked fish all day long, just couldnt get them to bite. Mostly threw T-rigged roboworms. I threw a jig with a sweet beaver trailer as well, and a lil drop shot. Over was frustrating marking so many fish and not getting many to take the bait. Was wondering if the recent storms shut em off or if i was just doing something wrong.

Spoke with a guy at the marina who said he actually did pretty good throwing texas rigged worm in the trees in about 10' of water, said they were consistenty cathing them throughout the day, mostly dinks.

So to those ole wise bassers out there, why were all the fish at 30-40 inactive? I guess i just overlooked the shoreline trees because i saw concentrations of fish deeper. I was throwing mostly greens and purples on the bottom, should i have been throwing shad colored plastics? what kind of reaction baits could I have thrown at that depth? And with the weather changikng can we expect to see the LMB moving into the shallows? Im fishing the next 2 weekends, want to focus on the active fish, should i stay in the shallow trees?

Any thoughts?

Surfnsnowboard3
10-09-2011, 06:39 PM
What pound test you using? Did you try drop shot instead of t-rig? Did you try morning dawn or oxblood?

Dr. MindBendo
10-11-2011, 08:30 AM
The fish are all over shad right now. You can throw the prettiest lure in there face and they'll just turn away. They're on attack mode ambushing the shad balls.

Don't get me wrong they will still hit lures but are keyed in on the shad.

SMEGLLY
10-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Try to Wacky Purple or Tan colored thin worms on your drop shot with a longer leader. 18". Don't be in a hury, let it soak with a soft twitch. Fish it all the way back to the boat. Sit at 50' and cast to about 10' depths. Good luck.