PDA

View Full Version : LAKE PERRIS...BIG UNC delivers...10/8

LOOKOUTG
10-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Got to the lake about 11...a nice day...low pressure for a Saturday...I figured I'd take my son and nephews out for a few...get them off of the wii and the nintendo ds for awhile:Big Grin: My youngest nephew had never caught a fish, so the pressure was on for BIG UNC to deliver his first. I figured I put them on some gills..using mealworms and wax. Fished far on the east end of the lake for nada...I was surprise to see how much vegetation on that end...water level must be up...Nothing was happening down there..ants were eating us up alive...:Twisted: The boys started to get a little ansy....starting to have withdrawals from the video games...but, now that I think about it could've be those dang ants...LOL ...anyway,decided to move..

...moved closer to the ramp 11/12 and boo-ya...it was on...avoided the skunk and put some smiles on the youngsters faces...

Also BIGUPS to an ol' co-worker and friend(BH)..hadn't seen this cat in years...he was killin' the redears...

I have a few pics..but having problems uploading/resizing these..any help appreciated.
7- gills
1- redear

bassgrabber1
10-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Congrats on beating the skunk. The Eastend always has lots of vegetation. The lake is actually down abot 3 feet from 2 months ago.

TheAsianGuy
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Nice catches for the day! Wish I could get my kids out to the lake more often too, but they're way too young to keep my eyes on as they roam the water's edge, while fishing effectively. 3 more years will be the ticket.