PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Night Hooping Traffic horrible going home

JL
10-09-2011, 07:39 AM
My Wife and I decided to head out to Long Beach last night. Dropped our hoops late afternoon to mark spots. Water was 60.5 degrees, absolute calm, Temp was 58- 60 all night. Beautiful time to be on the water. By - 8 pm 4 others had dropped their hoops. Some kind of close but everyone worked around each other without any hassles. We pulled 2 shorts........ just barely short and may have been just legal but decided it was too close to call and released.
Lots of Crabs/ shells, Star fish and other interesting varieties of bottom fish. To you experts if this gives you some idea about where we place our hoops please chime in with your guidance. We are still new being this is our second ear hoopeing.

It was really a great night ----- until the ride home......... heading for the inland valley........ 12:00 midnight...... 91 freeway east bound Construction east of 55 ---- A massive PARKING LOT down to one lane by the time we finally reached Imperial valley exit. Took the exit with the thought......... go west bound on 91 to 57 north to 60 east... 20 miles out of the way but speeds back up to 65-70........Oh no ---- EXITS to 57 NORTH CLOSED..... Exited 91 at state college north to next entrance to 57........yea got on northbound 57. full speed. Maybe we will make it home by 1:15 AM...... oh NO AGAIN!!!!! ...60 East CONSTRUCTION AT 57........ PARKING LOT.......... nearly out of gas..... very tired but saw far right lane LOTS OF CARS exiting Grand Ave Diamond Bar.......... finally got to the exit --- and made it home to Chino by 2:15 am ............. How about that Great plan by Cal trans... close all but 1 lane of 2 of the 3 major freeways going east

Sorry for the long post..........it is 7 am / just got up to clean the boat and had to share the traffic nightmare.... God Bless you all on the Water. Be safe.

DockRat
10-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Bummer on the traffic. There is a big variety of things that crawl
into the nets looking for a easy meal.
My nephews went last night out of LB. A few hours, a few shorts and a 5' Morey Eel.
Many guys see a few great reports and take up the sport. There is a learning progress
that requires time on the water. Similar to fishing, snowboarding, driving or anything else. There is also beginners luck :Confused:.

Remember that it is illegal to keep fish caught in a net.
DR

marzocchi
10-09-2011, 09:19 PM
They are deeeeeeepppppppppppppppp. I would post a report, but........