PDA

View Full Version : any info on some really cool ponds

oldfishguy
10-09-2011, 12:51 AM
im wanting to take a friend fishing and really want her to catch a few fish we will be in hungiton beach area but can travel just about anywhere. just would mean alot to me and to her to catch a few fish what lake or pond is hot right now perfer fishing for bass thanks in advance for any info.

headcase881
10-09-2011, 05:31 AM
I asked a simaler question yeserday and did some research and u have a park nearby hunington parks for me in riverside there are a couple too there is a link on the web site where they show the lakes by region. Seems to me that pond question get hushed out. people wont leek much out.:Rolls Eyes:@

Fysher
10-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Don't think you're going to get much help on what lake is hot for BASS or anything like that. The lakes that are around your area are Huntington Central Park, Carr, and Greer. Most lakes have bass in them so just get out to one of the lakes and try. Might consider hitting up piers if you want your friend to get hooked on fishing. There should be mackerel to be had right now.

Not to be an ***** but I've seen this question quit a few times where they ask about a lake being a hot bite and say that "I have a friend and she's never fished before and I want her to catch something" or "taking my GF out for the first time fishing, is there any lakes right now that it going off?" Some people (not saying that you are) just make up stories like that to get some information and then they rape the lakes. Google Earth is your friend, check it out. Good luck out there.

white belt
10-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Take her to a pay to fish lake and let her fish the kiddie lake?

Surfer
10-09-2011, 09:34 AM
im wanting to take a friend fishing and really want her to catch a few fish we will be in hungiton beach area but can travel just about anywhere. just would mean alot to me and to her to catch a few fish what lake or pond is hot right now perfer fishing for bass thanks in advance for any info.

Dude arent you pretty much a regular at El Dorado? Why dont you just take her there? Giving up on ElDo already? Bass is super tough but they can still be had there right now and some big bluegill and catfish if you rent a boat. I agree with another poster, take her to a pier somewhere. May I suggest the Mole on Catalina.

oldfishguy
10-09-2011, 11:52 AM
i understand not wanting to give up a hot spot and om not giving up on eldo i like the challenge of hard to catch fish thats why i fish the city parks. my friend has gone with me to eldo alondra central atleast 15 times. i just am trying to give her a little bit of hope that there really are fish in these park lakes whats funny is that when she isnt with me i deem to catch fish she just made a comment that it must be her she is bad luck. its cool ill find the fish didnt think i was going to get any responce was just fishing so to speaki. tight lines see ya out there.

oldfishguy
10-09-2011, 02:12 PM
decided to head out to cerritos park if anybodys out there say hi ill be the one with all the fish,lol really ill be with my lady friend. still stop and say hi

oldfishguy
10-09-2011, 10:25 PM
got the skunk at cerritos but so did everybody else out there still had fun though got to try out my new shimano curado its worth every penny of the 200 bucks it costs.