PDA

View Full Version : Apollo park

BlkManFishin
10-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Anbody know if they are gonna stock the lake before the derby?

vanillagurilla
10-08-2011, 08:35 PM
no there going to have a derby with no fish........ duh they usualy close the park/lake 2days before the derby so the fish are hungry.

fish-o-haulic
10-08-2011, 10:33 PM
no there going to have a derby with no fish........ duh they usualy close the park/lake 2days before the derby so the fish are hungry.

what happened to the catfish stocking, that never came.

BlkManFishin
10-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Ok smart ***** @Vanilla I know they are gonna stock it for the derby. I was wondering if they would stock it before the derby stock so I could fish......

reservoir dog
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
When they do stock for a derby they usually shut the park the down the weekend before so there isn't any pre-derby fishing allowed.

ltj427
10-10-2011, 12:31 PM
anybody know about getting tickets for the derby and how much and when do they go on sale

vanillagurilla
10-10-2011, 01:39 PM
in years past you would have to get there early and wait for the gates to open, then go to the booth and pay your fee and sign in. I would never fish the derby there, its rediculous with people elbow to elbow on the whole lake.

BlkManFishin
10-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I get my tickets before the derby at Karens Kitchen. They will prob start selling them the week before. Lastime they were 20 bucks. The derby is nov 5th so if they were going to or did stock the lake there would be plenty of time to fish before they shut it down for the week prior to the derby....

reservoir dog
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I went last year not knowing what to expect and when I arrived it seemed like a thousand people there. Parking lot was packed so I turned around and left. The following weekend I decided to hit Apollo after the derby and was still able to land some nice sized trout. If you can't handle crowds don't do it, go the weekend after which I'll probably do again this year.

reservoir dog
10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Speaking of Apollo...WTF???

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/10/11/drunk-granny-accused-of-dragging-grandkids-from-moving-car-1-hurt/

fish-o-haulic
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
the week or 2 after is the best times. They stock that lake with 3,4,5lb trout. I know someone who caught a holdover 10lber. the crowds the day of the derby and even after the derby are redicoulous. Mainly because all the people come after the derby to get a chance at some fish and most of these people skunk or only catch like one fish. Some people(wont say who) tend to do just a teeny bit of snagging. But to be honest I never do good on trout there. But i wont ask for info here on the general forum so passer by dont see, since apollo park lately ive been seeing a bigger population of people there and alot and I emphasize ALOT!!! of poaching there the last 2-3 trips. So can someone pm me please LOL.

sumojo
10-11-2011, 08:36 PM
what happened to the catfish stocking, that never came.

Cut backs from the state