PDA

View Full Version : If you had your choice, GVL or SAR??

DMAN
10-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Going this weekend with a buddy and torn between the potential lunker at GVL or the beauty of stream fishing and potential brown trout. What would you do? Also, if you don't mind sharing a spot, PM's are welcome. P.S. I hate eating fish, so everything is Catch and Release.

phishin phool
10-07-2011, 06:43 PM
They haven't stocked GVL with any bigger fish in about a month, but they are still getting dfg fish I believe. Jenks should be good with alot of smaller fish, not to sure about SAR, I'm not to familar with it. If ya got a tube Jenks for sure!!! If your gonna shore fish I'd drive up to Jess Ranch Lakes been good up there lately. About the same distance as GVL. Good luck wherever ya go, and dont forget to tell us how ya did.
Going this weekend with a buddy and torn between the potential lunker at GVL or the beauty of stream fishing and potential brown trout. What would you do? Also, if you don't mind sharing a spot, PM's are welcome. P.S. I hate eating fish, so everything is Catch and Release.

smokehound
10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
There are a few nice browns lurking around there! Definitely a neat place to check out.

DC5fishR
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure GVL still has plenty of lunkers. As for JRL, they don't all catch and release on trout at all. I wish they allowed c&r on lures...