PDA

View Full Version : Yo Zuri Pins minnow?

smokehound
10-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Saw these the other day, anyone have any feedback?

I'm building up a small hardbait collection, and these caught my eye, notably their Purple color.

So, how's the action?

vanillagurilla
10-07-2011, 01:27 AM
there decent little baits but only catch little fish lol. the action is more like a stick bait then a crank bait but there decent. Have u seen the yo zuri snap beans?

smokehound
10-07-2011, 02:17 AM
there decent little baits but only catch little fish lol. the action is more like a stick bait then a crank bait but there decent. Have u seen the yo zuri snap beans? The beans are cool, I found a few at a Big 5, but they charge wayyyyy too much. A 4 pack of 4 inch big hammers were nearly 5 bucks. For some reason, at this store, the fish traps were even MORE expensive!

I'm thinking of hitting up that tackle store you were telling me about, the one in fullerton/brea? Cant remember the name, though.

Rapala made a new X-rap, a tiny one! The X-Rap 04. It's only 1.5 inches long.

TheAsianGuy
10-07-2011, 12:54 PM
The beans are cool, I found a few at a Big 5, but they charge wayyyyy too much. A 4 pack of 4 inch big hammers were nearly 5 bucks. For some reason, at this store, the fish traps were even MORE expensive!

I'm thinking of hitting up that tackle store you were telling me about, the one in fullerton/brea? Cant remember the name, though.

Rapala made a new X-rap, a tiny one! The X-Rap 04. It's only 1.5 inches long.

Don't know about expensive. They're pretty much the same price, or similar, across the board. However, YoZuri are very detailed, and extremely reflective. On top of that, they truly can suffer through heavy damages but still retain their shimmering reflective glows. Rapala is way more expensive, but quite effective. Love how the company infused their hard plastics with such vibrant color and reflectors. Still, too pricey even for the minis. All I can say is, if we want them, we have to shell out the dough.

JAG107
10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I love the xrap 04 and 06's. Just bought a REALLY COOL lookin yo zuri pins minnow in holographic brown trout, can't wait to try it out at the vine. $7.50 at bob sands bout the same as the xraps

fishmounter
10-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I have used the Yo-Zuri Pin Minnow (suspender) in the Hologram Green Perch color at Lake Perris and it worked pretty good, but I bought it and use it for Bluegill. Probably be a great trout and bass bait, but it's kind of small for larger bass to go after. Use a small snap (not a snap swivel) or a loop knot.

CALFISHER4EVR
10-07-2011, 06:47 PM
The pin minnow are the bomb!!! I use the 2 inch baits and they work on all the lakes. Big Bass, Trout, Big Gills. A little expensive but I think they are worth it. I use them close to the bottom. Silver with green back. Deadly!!!

farmacist
10-07-2011, 07:24 PM
good on the troll for trout, flatline or leadcore...done good on both

smokehound
10-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I have used the Yo-Zuri Pin Minnow (suspender) in the Hologram Green Perch color at Lake Perris and it worked pretty good, but I bought it and use it for Bluegill. Probably be a great trout and bass bait, but it's kind of small for larger bass to go after. Use a small snap (not a snap swivel) or a loop knot.That's exactly what I want it for, bluegill and crappie.

carpanglerdude
10-07-2011, 10:31 PM
I HAD one, lost it at Fairmount on a decent bass. Good lure, tight wobble.

sevenout
10-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Check out 'Prado Lake Bass Fishing' on YouTube. All caught on that jerkbait.

Lakerfan160
10-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Check out 'Prado Lake Bass Fishing' on YouTube. All caught on that jerkbait.

yup i seen it he was beastin with it