PDA

View Full Version : New to Lobster

Glazebro
10-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any good lobster in Alamitos bay? Is it ok to hoop in there if I stay out of main boat lanes? I only have a kayak and want to start out small. Also I live right on the bay, so if I can do any good in there that would be ideal.

Would I be wasting my time in the bay there? What is a good alternative if so?

Thanks,
Mike

TUNAVIC
10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
It seems to me you would be wasting your time,I look forward to more replys.

DockRat
10-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Outside LAB fishing jetty should better than the inner bay.
DR

Bowlfrogg
10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
you are not allowed to be in the walls between the jetty. you can do the outside walls if you want, but it does get rough and there are allot of boats lobbying there. if you want you can kayak out of Newport and do Big corona, Ive caught allot from the kayak there. just make sure you have lights.

Glazebro
10-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the help guys! You probably saved me a lot of wasted time. I will need to get lights for my Kayak and then I will try out on the outside probably by the jetty or possibly try to paddle to the nearest island :)

kwest10
10-08-2011, 02:26 PM
you are not allowed to be in the walls between the jetty. you can do the outside walls if you want, but it does get rough and there are allot of boats lobbying there. if you want you can kayak out of Newport and do Big corona, Ive caught allot from the kayak there. just make sure you have lights.

where do you launch for Corona? M and J? Bit of a haul to the water no?