PDA

View Full Version : Lobsters!

pitman
10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Does anyone have any information on how I can get set up to do some lobster fishing?

manuel149
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Im looking to do the same, i just saw they have the hoop nets on sale @ turners.

Bowlfrogg
10-05-2011, 07:23 PM
check out the lobster crab section

fishfinder
10-05-2011, 07:28 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?60719-Never-Lobstered-before.-Need-info

JL
10-09-2011, 07:51 AM
If you are serious about hooping----check out when Bass pro shops in Rancho Cucamonga has their Lobster hooping seminar. One of the best seminars for first time hoopers. Then as suggested go to the lobster section and look back at lobster threads ....the older ones. There are jewels of info hidden in those threads. Send a private message to 2 or 3 of those who have been posting info for several months.......... a couple of them will even offer to buddy hoop or give you private info. It is best to have 2 or 3 hoop together. Hooping is a lot more work than casting out line a retrieving a fish. Most important ----- obey the Regs ---- be aware of your surroundings and weather at all times....especially if you see fog rolling in ..... and be respectful of your fellow hoopers in the area. Best wishes for Success. Hooping will be rewarding if you spend the time and do the work to learn. God Bless you and keep you safe.

karlkrger
10-09-2011, 12:45 PM
i see a lot of the caught out of santa monica... sand crabs to. just throw a net down there and let them trap themseleves/