PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day trout stocking news flash!

Steve Carson
10-05-2011, 02:22 PM
All,
Just got off the phone with Dave Noyes, who is at Calaveras Trout Farms as we speak.
He said that due to the cold-water conditions that existed all summer long, the fish are the best looking he has seen in a long time.
Among the 20,000 total pounds stocked before the the Nov. 4 Irvine Lake Trout Opener, will be:
5,000 pounds of 8-15 pound [eyeball estimate] rainbows.
3,000 pounds of 5-8 pound brooks and browns.
The rest will be quality-size rainbows in the 2-3 pound range.
Not many steelhead are available this year, so they will be stocked later in the season.
As the season progresses, there will be additional batches of the 8-15 pounders, and also lots of 3-8 pounders.
Also, the lake is now heading into its second year of high-water, and many trout will have carried-over from last year, and some crafty ones will have carried-over for 2 years.
Have fun!

headcase881
10-05-2011, 02:32 PM
what lake are we speaking of?

white belt
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
what lake are we speaking of?

I'm pretty sure this is for Irvine Lake

Thisfool
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty sure this is for Irvine Lake

yup thats what i was thinking especially since this is in the Irvine Lake section.

sounds great hopefully this is the year i get my first brook or brown not going to be greedy and ask for both i will make me more then happy just to land one or the other.

last year i caught a few obvious hold overs they fight hard it would be sweet to catch a 2 year hold over that thing would practically be a wild trout.

WOW JUST THOUGHT BOUT IT WITH TWO YEARS OF HOLD OVERS THERE MIGHT BE SOME WICKED HOOK JAWS OUT THERE O MAN I AM SO PUMPED

Marley
10-05-2011, 08:41 PM
....WOW JUST THOUGHT BOUT IT WITH TWO YEARS OF HOLD OVERS THERE MIGHT BE SOME WICKED HOOK JAWS OUT THERE O MAN I AM SO PUMPED

Probably a few rainbows and I would bet a fairly large sum that there are some really big brown trout been holding over for a couple of years (or more.) Deep lake for cool summer water, plenty of forage and a propensity to feed when the weather is bad and people aren't fishing. Nice possibilities!

hooks
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
I seen a brown in there a few years back that was about 20 pounds. They are there, just hard to catch.

the killa fish taco
10-05-2011, 09:49 PM
cant wait. hopefully the water level goes down a little bit so it opens up some more shore fishing area... hint hint

Bobber Boy
10-06-2011, 08:52 AM
cant wait. hopefully the water level goes down a little bit so it opens up some more shore fishing area... hint hint

Shore fishing? Uhh huh! Stick with your floaty deal and you'll do fine Killa! Lmao

Marley
10-06-2011, 10:24 PM

So every time we go fishing this year, everyone takes home a cooler full of water...

It would be nice to hit those spots that are just a little too deep right now. I miss Marley's Cove.

troutdog
10-06-2011, 10:39 PM
So every time we go fishing this year, everyone takes home a cooler full of water...

I'm in for a bucket or two....I know my buddies Apfish, Bebop and Killa sure miss "La Playa De Los Winderos" :LOL:

TD

the killa fish taco
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm in for a bucket or two....I know my buddies Apfish, Bebop and Killa sure miss "La Playa De Los Winderos" :LOL:

TD

lol we sure do..... :Big Grin:

JAG107
10-07-2011, 05:12 PM
I think I might need some bigger rapalas this year...
3k lbs of exotics sounds sweet!