PDA

View Full Version : How's this weather going to affect the fishing

liteline
10-05-2011, 07:48 AM
I was wondering how this cold front and the rains going to affect the fishing. My guess is that it slows down and the fish go deeper. Is it time to go to icejigs? I also guess that trout plants will start soon, does trolling leadcore still work then? thanks.

dixoncider
10-05-2011, 07:56 AM
I was just going to start this exact thread....How does dvl fish after some weather..? Thinking about going friday maybe...

JigStop
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
The lake should be close to turning over, especially if we get a decent amount of rain.

Hole Pounder
10-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing, i was planning on fishing this saturday. My guess is that since the bass are still relatively deep, they shouldnt be THAT affected by it, at least thats what im trying to tell myself.

diamondbear
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Fishing this weekend should improve with a rising barametric pressure , but unless you paid your $3.00 tag fee your boat better be dry after this rain , unless your fishing rental or shore , ha

dixoncider
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
How about stripers? Lots of fish deep so maybe be OK?

ToadsToadsOnly
10-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Fishing this weekend should improve with a rising barametric pressure , but unless you paid your $3.00 tag fee your boat better be dry after this rain , unless your fishing rental or shore , ha

Thank goodness I paid for that tag last week I might be out there Friday. As far as the stripers I think they like the cold rainy days.

Matt_Magnone
10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
the first few storms leading into fall, in years past, have been some of the most insane i've ever had out there.

this significant drop in air temp and most likely surface temp is what i think we needed to kick off the fall transition.

shad should show more of an appearance, stripers should start coming up in numbers and the bass will definitely start chasing even harder than they have been.

liteline
10-06-2011, 08:00 AM
the first few storms leading into fall, in years past, have been some of the most insane i've ever had out there.

this significant drop in air temp and most likely surface temp is what i think we needed to kick off the fall transition.

shad should show more of an appearance, stripers should start coming up in numbers and the bass will definitely start chasing even harder than they have been.

Thanks Matt. Lately we had a thermocline between 35 and 45 ft. that was getting deeper last week. Where do you think this will be next week when it heats up again. I have seen stripers there and way deep on the bottom.

TroutOnly
10-06-2011, 08:06 PM
BOAT COVERS STEVE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEN IT NICE AND DRY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,