PDA

View Full Version : Who is eating Humbolts ?

DockRat
10-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Is float tubing for Humbolts a good idea ? :Confused:
Smokehound mentioned Whites eating Humbolts a week ago. This NPH story was posted after that.

Newport Harbor — On Septenber 24, 2011 Captain Trevor Z. (Last name withheld) reported the following; “I'm a rescue captain out of Newport Harbor and had to respond to a distressed vessel last night (Sept 24) at roughly 2130 hours. The vessel was located just out of the entrance and 500 yards abeam of the tip of the West jetty, just due North of the wedge. The water was 80 feet deep. There was approx 100 other vessels engaged in fishing for Humboldt Squid that have been showing up in extremely large numbers recently. In my past experiences with Humboldt's, I've always caught them in deeper water about a mile out. The reports I'm receiving are that they are being caught near the surface, just off the shoreline. The mariners I assisted advised me that they heard a commercial vessel announce that they had a large White Shark aside their vessel.“ Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Check out the pics at Shark Research website :Shocked:
Headless seal,
The Samoa Beach attack is a must read with a pic. :Shocked:
Samoa Beach — On September 11, 2011 Benjie Rose was surfing 40 yards from shore at Samoa Beach

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm

DR

fishincrave
10-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Cool maybe they hang around for a while to take care of the sea lion eating business