PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore?

pescadormejor
10-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Hello Everybody!

New to this site and was wondering if anybody has fished Elsinore lately for Bass?
I know that they had a pretty bad die off a few years ago, has it bounced back?

I have a free saturday on October 15th to spend the day on the water and trying to decide where to go.

Been fishing the ocean a lot lately and wanted to spend the day searching for the freshwater variety...

Thanks!

bassgrabber1
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
The bass bite there is horrible from what I understand. DFG planted some small bass there about 6 months back but I am not sure what has become of them.

DockRat
10-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome to FNN. What kind of SW fishing do you do ?
DR

Ian
10-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Yes, what happened to all the boiling wiper action of a few years ago? It should be prime time for that now. Any word on them??

pescadormejor
10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
It is a goal of mine to hit a trifecta everytime that I take my tin boat out. So I like to fish for calicos, sandies, and spotties in the ocean. The majority of my trifectas have come when fishing out of Long Beach. I throw artificials only and practice catch and release.

sodapop
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I would goto Diamond Valley, Lake Perris or Skinner for bass. I haven't been in a boat in Elsinore for
awhile. But I live down the street and take kids shore fishing, plus I take my dog for walks around the
shores everday. For every 250 fish I have seen caught 249 have been carp.

jowo
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
My dad and brother went there last week for carp, and hooked a big one on CARP BAIT. They were using 2 hook rigs, and the mouth hook broke off, but the other hook got lodged in the tail. Took a while to land, and it died (belly up when they put it back in the water). Weighed on a scale at home, it was about 5.5#. On CARP BAIT. My brother said there's tons of small bait flipping around in the shallows, but its stomach was empty.

WilPatYo
10-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Poor Elsie doesn't appear to be doing well.

http://kramergonefishing.com/2011/08/20/elsinore-suffers-through-grim-recovery/

JAG107
10-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I think it's actually cheaper to launch at DVL or Skinner for sure. Elsinore smells bad and is best for carp and cats. C&R for your own health! Remember 9 months ago when the lake was closed down due to septic overspill from quail valley runoff? EWWWW