PDA

View Full Version : Dead catfish check?II

etucker1959
10-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I was thinking about trying to fish for catfish this week in one or more of the following lakes. Huntington central park lake, Greer park lake and Carr park lake. My question is:" How well did the catfish acclimate to the lakes last time they stocked them?" Case in point: I went by the La Mirada lake this morning and counted at least 50 dead catfish floating at one end of the lake. How depressing! I'm just looking for some intell, to avoid a lake that the catfish haven't been doing well in lately. Any help would be appreciated.

vipjason
10-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I saw one floating at greer park about a 2 week ago.

Surfer
10-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I saw quite a few floaters at El Dorado this morning.

smokehound
10-05-2011, 11:36 PM
My money would be on Tri-City. I was there shortly after the last plant, and didn't see any dead kitties.

Carptain_Bao
10-05-2011, 11:36 PM
I walked around Santa fe dam for only half a mile,but I saw at least twelve dead catfish

smokehound
10-06-2011, 01:32 AM
did anyone bother checking inside the dead cat's mouth?

How do you know they didnt choke on bluegills, wedged in their throats?

manuel149
10-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Same thing @ Laguna lake on 10/9 must have seen over 20 belly up. why????

ViciousJellyfish
10-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I saw 3 floaters at Huntington Central on Tues 10/11. Maybe 2 the week before.

cheeersM8
10-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I was thinking about trying to fish for catfish this week in one or more of the following lakes. Huntington central park lake, Greer park lake and Carr park lake. My question is:" How well did the catfish acclimate to the lakes last time they stocked them?" Case in point: I went by the La Mirada lake this morning and counted at least 50 dead catfish floating at one end of the lake. How depressing! I'm just looking for some intell, to avoid a lake that the catfish haven't been doing well in lately. Any help would be appreciated.

From what i hear is that the DFG are having budget cuts. So this means that they stop drugging the fish while they drive them to the lakes to plant. They get banged up and sick hence all the belly up fish. If you notice you don't see it at pay lakes only DFG planted ones. Hope that helps

smokehound
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
From what i hear is that the DFG are having budget cuts. So this means that they stop drugging the fish while they drive them to the lakes to plant. They get banged up and sick hence all the belly up fish. If you notice you don't see it at pay lakes only DFG planted ones. Hope that helpsThe DFG doesn't stock catfish in orange county, the imperial catfish farm does. But you seem correct about the drugging comment. I saw alot of catfish with deep puncture wounds at Mile Square.

manuel149
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Laguna lake is Orange County, right?

The DFG doesn't stock catfish in orange county, the imperial catfish farm does. But you seem correct about the drugging comment. I saw alot of catfish with deep puncture wounds at Mile Square.

smokehound
10-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Laguna lake is Orange County, right?Yes, orange county. The city pays for catfish plants, not the state.