PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Bug Report!!

Bowlfrogg
10-03-2011, 08:13 AM
All im going to say is the ocean was perfect! (Minus the red tide) pulled 20 legal bugs in 2 hours. 1st pull was @ 6:45 and 1st pot yielded 4 legal bugs! knew it was going to be a rocking night! arms sore from saturday night but once i saw those four bugs i suddenly had the strength of Thor! LOL. my dad drove the minnow perfect, boat ran smooth, bait smelled like crap! all in all i thank Poseidon for his bounty!. threw back i don't know how many shorts. pics bellow.. i did similar pics last year and decided to do the same type pics this year because it just looks so damn cool. enjoy!

diamondbear
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Great catch , Your putting in the time on the water pays off . YUMMM.

cooks hooks
10-03-2011, 12:46 PM
That is just rediculous. How far out did you go in your boat. Is it possible to catch Lobster off the pier, or do you have to go out in a boat. If so where do you suggest. I used to do a lot of crabbing in Seattle. Would love it get back into it, lobster would be even better.

lucky catch
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
The odds of catching bugs from a pier are REALLY small. You must know someone with a boat who would like to eat lobster. In ventura and oxnard guys use kayaks. good luck!

Bowlfrogg
10-03-2011, 04:16 PM
peers are tough, you will catch red and yellow rock crab and spiders from the peer. we were only 1/2 mile out. ive done it from kayaks and float tubes.

DockRat
10-03-2011, 06:28 PM
That is just rediculous. How far out did you go in your boat. Is it possible to catch Lobster off the pier, or do you have to go out in a boat. If so where do you suggest. I used to do a lot of crabbing in Seattle. Would love it get back into it, lobster would be even better.

Lobster go from 2' to 250' ?
It is a hit or miss sport. Guys don't like to report skunk or so so trips.

2 nets only allowed on a pier. More skunk trips on piers than near rocks.
Lobsters travel miles and only crawl when they want to. Being on a pier when they crawling by needs luck but some guys have done ok on some nights. I tried Redondo
pier twice for no bugs, tried LB short pier by once for 3 hours, nothing.
Boats are better near rocks but there is still a learning curve that requires time.
DR

mil sonrisas
10-03-2011, 07:48 PM
last year i was on the oceanbeach pier in san diego on opening night. i caught 16 and they were all about an
1/8th of an inch short. if you do go there, try to go to the far end on the left. an older guy that was there that morning told me it was the best spot. good luck!

murrieta angler
10-04-2011, 02:00 AM
LIMITS!!!
Nice.......:Big Grin:
Thanks for the pics,
Robert
<><

ahhvtec
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
that first picture is beautiful...