PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake Report 10-07-11

fuadramsey
10-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Note report is for September 30th- I did not go into the future!

I got there about 6:00pm. Did some shore fishing by the area where they stock and got a few bites. We were there for about an hour.

We then got a boat and went right up to the island and I got a few bites there as well but that was it. Was using chicken liver mixed with salt and garlic (nice and stinky) and also tried just night crawlers.

We then moved by the shore towards the damn and nothing there as well. We had to head out at 9 because the kids were falling asleep.

So over all, nothing. The employee told us that 4 cats were caught that day and two were at night on a boat.

I was not really bummed because I figured it would be like that since the last catfish stocking was at the beginning of September and they wont be stocking any more cats for the year. However they will be stocking for trout in November.

So no fish caught, but had fun on the lake.

Hometown
10-02-2011, 10:36 PM
10/7 or 10/1?

I got there about 6:00pm. Did some shore fishing by the area where they stock and got a few bites. We were there for about an hour.

We then got a boat and went right up to the island and I got a few bites there as well but that was it. Was using chicken liver mixed with salt and garlic (nice and stinky) and also tried just night crawlers.

We then moved by the shore towards the damn and nothing there as well. We had to head out at 9 because the kids were falling asleep.

So over all, nothing. The employee told us that 4 cats were caught that day and two were at night on a boat.

I was not really bummed because I figured it would be like that since the last catfish stocking was at the beginning of September and they wont be stocking any more cats for the year. However they will be stocking for trout in November.

So no fish caught, but had fun on the lake.

mjc89
10-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Sorry about the skunk. You should have gone to Irvine Lake or SARL. Probably would have had better luck at either because they both stock every week. Shrimp and mack usually work good for cats anywhere.

fuadramsey
10-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm going to Irvine this Saturday!

After that it's trout time . . .

mjc89
10-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Will you be fishing from shore or boat at Irvine?

fuadramsey
10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I'll be on a boat this time. This will be my second time out there. Hopefully this is the one where I catch.

Any tips for Irvine?

I plan on fishing for catfish with chicken livers and I'll probably pickup some mackerel there too.

mjc89
10-04-2011, 09:53 PM
In a boat youll be ok because the last time i went the whole edge was full of weeds. For bait i would take livers, mack, and shrimp. Shrimp is what i aways use and does the trick. You can use marshmallows to float your bait off the bottom. And remember that the cats at Irvine come out to play at night.