PDA

View Full Version : for any muscicians or anyone who has expeience with mic systems

fish-o-haulic
10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Lately ive been getting back to my roots as a drummer and went back to playing at my old church. the crowd is pretty good size now and the piano and organ are miced so its been getting pretty hard to hear. I wanna know if theres some way i can plug my headphones into the mic system so i can hear everything that plays into the mics through my headphones. I know drummers with pro gigs do it, but i dont know if its a special device i have to buy, a special kind of headphones, or if theres a port to just plug it in there. If anyone knows can they please tell me. Because something tells me it may not be as simple of a concept as I am hoping it is.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
10-03-2011, 06:17 AM
check the mixer most have a headphone output,if not call a local music store they should be able to give u advice are ur drums miced if not get a powered monitor to hear better

Trial and Error
10-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Instead of having a head phone to your ear, just use a smaller speaker and place it behind you. Connect the smaller "monitor" speaker to your mixer, there should be an out put for it caled "monitor out" or just use one of the out puts from the mixer.

fish-o-haulic
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Instead of having a head phone to your ear, just use a smaller speaker and place it behind you. Connect the smaller "monitor" speaker to your mixer, there should be an out put for it caled "monitor out" or just use one of the out puts from the mixer.

thanks for the tips guys.