PDA

View Full Version : Trout Reports and/or Pics

Surfnsnowboard3
10-01-2011, 08:40 PM
There has been a lot of debate on here. Where are the trout reports and/or pics?

Surfnsnowboard3
10-01-2011, 10:02 PM
There has been a lot of debate on here. Where are the trout reports and/or pics?

45 views and no reports from anglers or Corona staff. Looks like I win.

fish-o-haulic
10-01-2011, 10:20 PM
45 views and no reports from anglers or Corona staff. Looks like I win.

just sayin 45views isnt a whole lot. Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Surfnsnowboard3
10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
just sayin 45views isnt a whole lot. Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Fair enough. You tell me what's "a lot" of views then? 100? I'll bet I don't hear a good report with pics before then. My point is IF there were decent reports Corona staff would be ALL OVER it knowing the debate and posted it already. It's been 5 days since the stocking and not a SINGLE positive report by the lake or an angler. Weak sauce.

Ifishtoolittle
10-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Fair enough. You tell me what's "a lot" of views then? 100? I'll bet I don't hear a good report with pics before then. My point is IF there were decent reports Corona staff would be ALL OVER it knowing the debate and posted it already. It's been 5 days since the stocking and not a SINGLE positive report by the lake or an angler. Weak sauce.

Well it could be that the bite may be so epic that no one wants to leak that info out. Selfish bastids! lol.

Surfnsnowboard3
10-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Well it could be that the bite may be so epic that no one wants to leak that info out. Selfish bastids! lol.

Riggghhttt...and I believe in unicorns and fairies.

seal
10-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I keep looking at their online daily photos and although no photos since 9/29 you would think they would put a few trout up there if fish are being caught, alive.....

fishreaper
10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I keep looking at their online daily photos and although no photos since 9/29 you would think they would put a few trout up there if fish are being caught, alive.....

im with you seal...i keep looking and nothing is being reported..looks like they wasted a stock

fish-o-haulic
10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Yea I'm thinking it's odd too no trout no reports someone woulda posted up already I know at least catfish17 would have

Matt44
10-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Buddy of mine fished it fri from opening tell about 11 am he said the lake looked nasty and there were dead trout in the water ,he only caught 2 on chart mini jigs he said he seen 4 trout caught including his 2 and that there were some trout fisherman there so sounds like a crapshoot go to the sierras for tthe late season bite trout season will be here soon enough!

sapdawg11
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
45 views and no reports from anglers or Corona staff.

Lol, I'm always happy to not be part of the first 45 views on a new thread...especially on the weekend!

I just walked in the door from a weekend of work with a few Sunday hours to spend with my dad on the greens. Had 3 voicemails while out chasing that stupid little white ball around today from friends that fished Corona and SARL this weekend. All said not wide open but all had their limits at both spots by about 2. Knowing these guys, they fished the "bumps" at SARL and the solo Corona kid probably spent most of his time around the courtesy dock. I'm sure most of their fish came on the plastic. What I am sure of is that they had a good time as I don't typically get excited voices on "phone call" reports with 2pm limits of 2 pound stocker trout! These guys are hungry and I think they dug the appetizer!! No flotillas of fish carcasses reported.

Looks like I win.
Everyone fishing is winning ;)

fish-o-haulic
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Lol, I'm always happy to not be part of the first 45 views on a new thread...especially on the weekend!

I just walked in the door from a weekend of work with a few Sunday hours to spend with my dad on the greens. Had 3 voicemails while out chasing that stupid little white ball around today from friends that fished Corona and SARL this weekend. All said not wide open but all had their limits at both spots by about 2. Knowing these guys, they fished the "bumps" at SARL and the solo Corona kid probably spent most of his time around the courtesy dock. I'm sure most of their fish came on the plastic. What I am sure of is that they had a good time as I don't typically get excited voices on "phone call" reports with 2pm limits of 2 pound stocker trout! These guys are hungry and I think they dug the appetizer!! No flotillas of fish carcasses reported.

Everyone fishing is winning ;)

i heard there were plenty of fish carcasses but not like the lake was covered with em.

sapdawg11
10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
i heard there were plenty of fish carcasses but not like the lake was covered with em.

Time for more fishing and less hearing about the fishing! That goes for me too...I'd kill to get on the water!!!

Just got off of the phone with the crew and here are the details...

The guys spent friday night fishing the cats down at SARL with a bit of time spent in both Chris' pond and at the levitz corner bump. Got 'em to go on the nc/mm combo and the mack. They decided to make the drive to hit Corona in the a.m. for the trout. Fished mostly by the courtesy dock to dam area. Had limits for 3 by the time they left in the afternoon (I believe around 3). Caught 'em on the plastic and also had a few on the dough bait. But it's all hearsay at this point...I need to go catch some fish!!!!

fish-o-haulic
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Time for more fishing and less hearing about the fishing! That goes for me too...I'd kill to get on the water!!!

Just got off of the phone with the crew and here are the details...

The guys spent friday night fishing the cats down at SARL with a bit of time spent in both Chris' pond and at the levitz corner bump. Got 'em to go on the nc/mm combo and the mack. They decided to make the drive to hit Corona in the a.m. for the trout. Fished mostly by the courtesy dock to dam area. Had limits for 3 by the time they left in the afternoon (I believe around 3). Caught 'em on the plastic and also had a few on the dough bait. But it's all hearsay at this point...I need to go catch some fish!!!!

I'd kill to get on the water myself, but unfortunately im not like every other person on this forum so i cant get up and fish everyother day or even every other week. Lets try 4-5xs a year. at most thats not even every year. may take a last trip in a couple of weeks but for now nothing.

Marley
10-03-2011, 10:07 AM
... but unfortunately im not like every other person on this forum so i cant get up and fish everyother day or even every other week...

Sounds like me these days. Every other week at best, but hopefully this year I can change things up a bit.

Good news on the trout, sounds like I need to at least give them a try, maybe take out some whisker bait just in case.