PDA

View Full Version : BBL Friday Sept 30 - Tube's back in action - Lots of fish, but no pix

etaggart
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Blow-out in the fishcat tube last time I was up. Last Monday I called Outcast and before I finished my sentence he asked for my address and said he'd ship out a new bladder immediately. Said the older one-seam bladder was so bad they're just sending new ones without any questions, proof of purchase, etc.. Came home from work Thursday afternoon and there was a new bladder waiting in the mail.

Had to come up to move about 2 cords of firewood on our property for an inspection, so came up Thursday night to do some early Friday fishing before the hard work.

Launched at 6:45am by the Grout Bay jetty. Not much love from the bass there - I picked up one baby and another about 1lb, so I kicked across to Windy Point - picking up a nice 16" trout on the fly and a few crappie on a crappie jig. Picked up a few small smallmouth bass pretty quickly on a wacky-rigged worm. Switched to other lures/cranks but only had one hit (and miss) so I switched back to the worm. Continued picking up smallies about 1lb+/- and eventually picked up one just over 2lbs. Lost count, but landed over 8 bass overall. About 11am I let the wind blow me back to the jetty and on the way picked up a beautiful 18"+ trout on the fly - great fight, beautiful fish. Should have kept it for dinner ;)

Sorry no pix, gotta get some batteries for the camera.

May go out again Saturday morning, but Troutfest will be in full-swing, so it may be a little crowded - although I bet they'll be leaving the bass alone for me to torture.

Cheers,

Eric

Wind was very light in the early morning until about 9.

TheAsianGuy
09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like BBL is finally getting good, and hardly any wind, even though Santa Ana wind patterns have been picking up lately. That lake is truly an odd lake when it comes to wind.

etaggart
09-30-2011, 08:23 PM
The winds get relatively predictable at different times of the year (storms can mess it up) and when you know the patterns/timing you can use it to your advantage - at least from a tubing perspective.

BBL's been great this year - let's hope it continues getting even better.

jpod
09-30-2011, 09:18 PM
my caddis float tube bladder just busted at the seam does any one now were i can get a replacment u shape bladder for a caddis nevada float tube.....will they send a new one if i call them