PDA

View Full Version : O.C. Therapy

Nipple Twister
09-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Following my doctors strict orders I spent the morning in personal immersion therapy.

A.O: Local home front
Time: 0545 hrs
Weather: Overcast, cool, light breeze
Tide: Low but incoming
Water clarity: Fair
Water Temp: ukn
Surf: 2-3 ft glassy
Bait: Custom LC Flash Minnow "Electric Sparkle" :Surprised:

I was looking for a reason to "test" one of my LCs that was a little worse for wear that I had custom painted:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/ElecSparkf.jpg
Forcasted conditions were not the best but I was under doctors orders so I took the day off and went to a local facility for therapy.
Was "in the zone" before daylight thinking I needed to be to get a good spot but after I arrived that was clearly not an issue, there wasn't another fisherman in sight. "Hmm, strange, did I miss a meeting"? As it turned out my LED headlight was dead so getting started in the dark was going to be a little tougher but no biggie, fishing by Brail is better then no fishing so I commenced to casting and feeling the lure hit the water in time with stopping the spool. Surf was big but breaking enough off shore that it wasn't really an issue, for now. Maybe ten cast into it I get a hit and El Bendo, a short fight in the dark but was able to land it:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SunsetBeach093011a.jpg

After getting it back to water and continuing my therapy I was starting to feel much better. Light was starting to show as well as the surfers, heards of them where coming accross the beach to the waters edge and after a quick scope of things out to the waves they went, still no other fisherman. Moving around and in between surfers I got another hit, this time a stronger fight which got my hopes up but after getting it to shore turned out to be a fouled Thornback Ray:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SunsetBeach093011c.jpg

Released the ray and back to casting I was thinking "cool, the bite is on and I got the place to myself". Continuing down the beach, the tide was rising and the trenches were getting deeper I was waiting for the hits to keep coming.......waiting.....waiting.......waiting.... ....waiting........waiting.........
Well, the fish must have unionized and their contract must have expired because I was gettin nuttin. I got both those fish by 0700 after that not a thing. I completed my prescribed medication by 0930 and not wanting to OD I decided to call it.
Beat the skunk and left wanting more ....... I got three more sessions left......

Tight lines everyone......"til next time, thanks for listening.........

murrieta angler
09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh, you got it bad....:Big Grin:
PM me if you want to head out Sunday, Monday or Tuesday...:Cool:
We'll let Terry know also...:Wink:
Robert
<><

DockRat
09-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Great Job on your http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e274/valisicus/THERAPYSESSION.png
DR

man0fsteel
09-30-2011, 03:39 PM
NT, great job following Dr's orders. You are a model patient. I thought the coloration of the short hali was unreal...then I realized it was picking up reflections from your 'Disco LC'!:Dancing Banana:

I think I'm gonna have to write myself a Dr's note too. Did you catch the short and the ray in the trough that is usually just off the beach in Huntington or further out?

Greg

Wingnut
09-30-2011, 08:01 PM
That's the best therapy there is... :Big Grin:
I like your rehabilitated LC. :Wink:
I think I'm going to have a therapy session myself tomorrow. :Secret:

SP Dan
09-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Hey NT,

That sounds good to me!
Also, count me in on a dose of that medicine tomorrow!

DOC...I NEED A :BFish: CURE!! I have a bad case of the "LACK OF FISHIOUSUS", it's pretty serious.... don't laugh! ha ha ha :Embarrassed:

Keep up the great reports!
Have a great secession tomorrow!

SP Dan <"))><

PONTOON
10-01-2011, 12:43 AM
NT,

First of I apologize for flaking out on you this morning, oh wait a minute, yesterday morning. After the week I had I just had to hibernate a little.:Neutral:

I've got to tell you right now when you started inquiring about the surf fishing in and around our home turf I saw the interest in your eyes and then the way you studied the posts here on FNN I had a feeling you were going to be hooked. It only took one trip down to the beach and you were definitely addicted to casting the LC's for the flatties.
Dude, I compliment you on your tenacity and the way you go for it no matter what the conditions are out there.:Cool:

Great job Buddy! Keep up the good work and I'll be out there full force just as soon as another project I have going is complete..........Here kitty, here kitty kitty.:Thumbs Up:

keepemlo
10-01-2011, 08:17 AM
That is probably the most original frankinstien lc I have ever seen!what inspired those colors awesome!I got a weird one in mnd I'll post it as soon as I find the colors until then

Nipple Twister
10-01-2011, 01:10 PM
.......http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?34019-Modifying-Factory-Lucky-Crafts!&p=581538#post581538