PDA

View Full Version : November trip

chappy23us
09-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Thinking of heading up for a trip to Convict and June Lake the last weekend of the season in November. I have never been up this late and was wondering if it is even worth it. I know it will probably be cold but I am not sure how the fishing will be. Any responses are appreciated.

1HR2BBL
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Convict lake is excellet late October and early November, especially at the inlet in the back where the spawners fatten up. It's about a 30 minute walk on a trail.

Daryl
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
The fishing should be good and there will be fewer people to contend with. You're right about it being COLD. Expect highs in the 30s.

jmurillo74
10-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Went up last weekend of season in 2009. There was about 11 total fisherman in the Mammoth Lakes area! Personally I found the fishing kind of slow that weekend, mabey the fish get lethargic as the weather starts to get real cold. One morning at Convict it was 15 degrees. I would say it's still worth the trip, dress warm, you will have the place to yourself, and there is no such thing as a bad day of fishing.

MexicanPistachio
10-05-2011, 09:40 PM
From my experiences late season trips is when the bigger fish get stocked. Not always more fish but bigger fish. Only downfall is the weather. It changes so fast up there its hard to plan ahead.

chappy23us
10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I just made my reservation at Convict for the weekend. Gonna be arriving on Wednesday Nov 9 and coming back home on Sunday Nov 13. Not a fan of the short trip but it is gonna be fun.

billy b
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Hey chappy23 ... where did you make a reservation? I'm thinking of hitting up Convict Lodge. They have a real interesting restaurant so I've heard ... and they have a 2 night free boat special.

chappy23us
10-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Hey chappy23 ... where did you make a reservation? I'm thinking of hitting up Convict Lodge. They have a real interesting restaurant so I've heard ... and they have a 2 night free boat special.

I am staying in a cabin at Convict Lake. Got a great rate from Dennis (reservation manager) at the resort. My father is doing is doing the 2 night/boat rental special and it is only costing him about $200. Call Dennis and he will take care of you.

billy b
10-12-2011, 09:31 AM
I am staying in a cabin at Convict Lake. Got a great rate from Dennis (reservation manager) at the resort. My father is doing is doing the 2 night/boat rental special and it is only costing him about $200. Call Dennis and he will take care of you.

That is exactly what I was looking at doing ... only I have to have a pontoon and may have to pay a little more.

Thanks for the 411

deanhall32
10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Head on down to the Owens Valley if it gets too cold for you. Lots to do around the Bishop area.