PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best bet for 10/1?

Hole Pounder
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
So I am brand new to the FNN forum, a non boater for now, with decent fishing skills. Was hoping some of you out there with a better pulse on the bite could direct me to a decent spot. I usually fish DVL with a rental boat, but as often as i go its putting a ding on the finances. so here are the options im thinking of:

1. Float tube at Perris, havent had much luck there but i hear the bite is turning on there
2. Float tube up at Castaic Lagoon, only been there once, marginal luck during the post spawn.
3. head down to Dixon Lake for a $25 rental, i know they have some good bass there, but havent seen a report in ages
4. shore fish DVL
5. Bite the bullet and rent again at DVL.

Im decently dialed in at DVL, know i can catch fish there. i would like to try something new, just concerned i wont do well and will just get frustrated.

What would you guys suggest? Again this is my 1st post, so be gentle

TopwaterTony
09-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Im decently dialed in at DVL, know i can catch fish there. i would like to try something new, just concerned i wont do well and will just get frustrated.

Like they say it's fishing NOT catching. You have to pay the dues (time on water), to reap the rewards, or be really lucky. Ok so on to being gentle. ;-)

- Castaic has an event at the lagoon tomorrow. Probably not your best bet.
- Perris is good for tubes, I have done decent there. My friend has done even better. There are some pigs in that lake.
- DVL has at least 1 tournament that I have confirmed. Might not affect you if you are fishing from shore.
- I have never fished Dixon, so I can't help you there.

It's a toss up in my opinion with those options between DVL from shore or Perris tube.

ordane
09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Dixon!! I think you can rent the boat with a motor for $50.

...There is also Hodges down that way, pretty decent bass lake with inexpensive Boat Rentals.

WOODWARD7
09-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Go to irvine lake

Hole Pounder
09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
i think im gonna tube it, where abouts is the better tube action? at the points near the marina or SE side of the lake?

Hole Pounder
09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
at Perris Lake

HawgStalker
09-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Big bass (LMB) can be caught at DVL from shore.....

Start at points on either side of the marina and you'll begin to find spots that produce!

Greg Springman
09-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey Hole Pounder,
Creative name by the way........here is just a suggestion, but it sounds like you have a passion for fishing, as most of us do. If you are a non-boater, there are many bass fishing clubs that welcome non-boaters and are looking for guys to hook up and fish. You learn a lot, you get access to different people’s bass boats and fish sections of lakes that really produce. I started fishing in a club this year, and as most people in clubs, I have my own bass boat. But most of the time I fish as a non-boater. You'll meet really great anglers, learn many different lakes, how bass transition throughout the year, and most of all, you'll share expenses with others every time you fish.......

Just a thought to chew on.....

Hole Pounder
10-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I want to join a bass club, but my google searched showed the ontario cucamonga bassmasters as the club in my area, and the email I found is no longer valid. Any club suggestion for a guy living withing walking distance to BPS?

dixoncider
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Walking distance from BassPro.!!!...I would be broke if I lived that close..!!!!

noluk
10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Sun Country Bassmasters holds there meetings at Bass Pro shops on the first Tuesday of every month. (Upstairs in the meeting room by the gun section) Ask for Roger and mention that I (George Fedor) gave you the meeting info. Fun club!

Hole Pounder
10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Cool! What time does the meeting start?

JigStop
10-03-2011, 02:55 PM
The shore fishing at DVL can be quite good for catfish, if you know how to chum. Also excellent bass and lunker striper on the Thursday Mt. Lassen stocking days.

JV
10-03-2011, 04:06 PM
The shore fishing at DVL can be quite good for catfish, if you know how to chum. Also excellent bass and lunker striper on the Thursday Mt. Lassen stocking days.

Well don't get caught -

2.40. Chumming.

Chumming is permitted only in:

(a) The Colorado River District, but only the approved bait fishes for this District may be used as chum (see Section 4.15) except in the Salton Sea where corn may also be used.
(b) Carquinez Strait and Suisun Bay and their tributaries and saltwater tributaries.
(c) Sacramento River and tidewater of tributaries downstream from Interstate 80 bridge.
(d) San Joaquin River and tidewater of tributaries downstream from Interstate 5 bridge.

Bass Dude
10-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi Hole Pounder, I tried to check out the same club you did same thing this was a few years ago.
If you are interested you can check out the Inland Empire Bassmasters we meet at Pollys in Norco
on the first monday of each month.It is off the 15 and second st. Turn left on Hamner you will see it
on the left side. Come check it out if you want We meet at 7pm