PDA

View Full Version : On my way to fish on the 3/4 day Enterprise at Long Beach Marina..

vince
09-30-2011, 03:57 AM
Hope i have some nice reports to follow. Fishing around 300 feet in the morning for Reds/Lings, and finishing up with bass/sculpin/or fishing the kelp in the afternoon ! Just a heads up...Keep your fingers crossed ! :LOL:

Cangler
09-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Hope you took your poker money ..

evosamurai
09-30-2011, 02:22 PM
where do u live vince?

Ifishtoolittle
09-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Be sure to bring some 12 and 16oz torpedos if you fish the rigs. Also make sure the minute your torpedo hits the bottom you crank up quickly so you won't snag up like yours truly.

vince
10-01-2011, 08:06 AM
evosamurai, I live in Cypress, so it's like 15 minutes to get there for me. fishtoolittle, i should've seen your post before i went, i only brought 12 oz, and the current was ripping ! overall it was tuff fishing that day, yes we caught our limits of those groupers, some nice reds, which I did not get any, i was stressing. guy next to me got bit, but i got sand dabs. sigh. jackpot was like an 8-10 lbs grouper that ate a smaller starry rockfish. caught nursery size chili peppers, and my most favorite rockfish, squarespots. They don't get bigger than 2 lbs I think, but very tasty. rounded the trip at izors reef hoping to snag some sandbass on leadhead with squid, but the wind was blowing us off the spot, had to re-anchor the second time. Izors put out some nice scullys, but mostly blacksmith perch, which are not perch at all, but some kind of damsel perch. But you know what? !! I'm going again when I get the chance ! =) I was hoping I could give a better report.. It was very col, bring some warm clothes !

vince
10-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Forgot to mention. There was a commercial boat dragging their nets on the bottom for whatever it catches that's down there. Captain Andy (Andrew), put on the loud speakers and gave them an EARFUL !!! so did the passengers. I know they are trying to make a living, but to drag the bottom indiscriminately, should be a CRIME !!!:EyePop::Evil:

Ifishtoolittle
10-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah I HATE fishing the rigs, but there are some nice quality rockfish to make up for the snotty weather over there. It still sounds like you had a fun day out even if fishing was subpar.

Ifishtoolittle
10-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Forgot to mention. There was a commercial boat dragging their nets on the bottom for whatever it catches that's down there. Captain Andy (Andrew), put on the loud speakers and gave them an EARFUL !!! so did the passengers. I know they are trying to make a living, but to drag the bottom indiscriminately, should be a CRIME !!!:EyePop::Evil:

Damn those commercial guys. Why rake the hell out of the ocean floor? That only leaves a path of destruction and an area that is devoid of life.

JapanRon
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi vince,

Nice report .... sounds like fun ...... if you like fishing .... to the center of the earth ! ha ha ha Ya heard Enterprise often goes D-E-E-P so I'll not be on her till I know of a day/skipper different.

JapanRon