1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 whole red snappers, each about 1-1/2 pounds, scaled, cleaned, fins removed
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 large Romaine lettuce leaves
Extra virgin olive oil

To make the sauce: In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil and cook the onion until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer until most of the tomato liquid has evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.

Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry. With a sharp knife, make 2 diagonal slashes almost to the bone on each side of the fish. Rub the lime juice and salt into the slashes. Lightly brush or spray the lettuce leaves on both sides with the oil and place 2 of them on the grill. Place each fish on a lettuce leaf and grill over direct medium heat for 8 minutes. Place the remaining 2 leaves on the grill, next to the fish, and carefully roll each fish over onto a new leaf. Continue to grill until each fish is opaque at the bone, 7 to 8 minutes more. Transfer each fish with two spatulas to a cutting board. Remove the lettuce leaf and skin, cut off the heads and tails, and lift portions of the fish off the bone and onto serving plates. Spoon some warm sauce alongside the fish.

Makes 4 servings

http://spice-guy.com/blog/ :D

one_leg
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I've seen this in resturants and always wanted to try it. Maybe now I'll make it myself.