PDA

View Full Version : sabrina and southh lake 9/29

Matt44
09-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Headed up the 395 to bishop for a quick 2 day slay with the girlfriend. We arrived wed at about 3 pm and headed to sabrina fished for about an hour off the dam with jigs and did good on red and orange a quick limit and then some.

9/29
went back to sabrina today and caught and released atleast 20 fish all good size trout! Then headed to south and fished the jigs there any color purple,orange,yellow,chart they all worked usual size stockers. I did see a huge trout swimmin but wasn't able to fool him. Very good fishing overall excellent! Come and get em boys! Gonna get back out in the morning pics will come once I head home!

Matt44

phishin phool
09-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Man I wish I could have made it to the Bishop area when I was up there last week!! Glad to see its still wfo!!! Go get em Matt!!!!!!!

Which Way Out
09-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks Matt for the report. I am heading up next month and hope you leave me a few LOL

Show us a pic of the Jigs your using Ok....

Matt44
09-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Berkely atomic tubes or trout teasers are my go to jigs every once in a while ill toss a lip ripperz jig tho

MexicanPistachio
09-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Nice report and perfect timing. I'm heading up in the am. I was going to rent a boat at either south or sabrina but it sounds like you did good from shore. How far was the water from the dam?

Matt44
09-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Its a good 5 or 6 feet my 2 lb test didn't like me at all haha. But I managed with a net. Im gonna rent a boat at at sabrina tomorrow!

DC5fishR
09-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the report. I'm going to be heading up to those two lake soon. I hope I can tie into one of those big ones! Is your go to mini jig color dark/natural or bright colors?

Matt44
09-30-2011, 07:38 AM
U know what I try every color tell I get a consistant bite but the most productive for me this trip has been the trout teaser jig in half orange half chart. I caught atleast one on every jig I tried but they were picky some colors only worked once and the fish wanted nothing to do with it.

Merlin
09-30-2011, 03:05 PM
I will be visiting the area tomorrow. Graet tips, hope you didn't get them all.!!

Matt44
10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Fished south friday befor I called it a trip for about 3 hours in the morning. had a consistant bite on the natural colored berkely jig! My gf had been tossin spring green powermouse setup with a red worm hangin that was on fire as well for her at both lakes! Great trip overall got a couple pics I willl try and post up today

billy b
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
"My gf had been tossin spring green powermouse setup with a red worm hangin" You talking bait and wait?

Using a treble with the red worm on one of the hooks in the midst of a gob of bait?

THanks for the GREAT reporting?

Matt44
10-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes she mostly bait and waits but ya use the smaller end of the pworm leave enouugh hook for a little dab of pbait so it floats and ur golden. Iv caught some nice trout down here in so cal that way ! They don't always want the artificial!

netdawg
10-02-2011, 12:41 PM
most of this action from sabrina and south from a boat or shore?

Matt44
10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah I shored it up this trip! I planned on renting a boat friday befor I leftI but it was blowing so I didn't think it was worth it