PDA

View Full Version : I (Sierra Nets) am featured on Flytalk on Field n Stream.com today!

Greg Madrigal
09-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Not to toot my own horn, but this is pretty cool, and I am proud of my fledgling business. Kirk Deeter, a blogger on Field n stream.com, a guide, a speaker, and a globe trotting fly guy, broke in his new net on a fat 19" bow on the Platte river in Co. He ordered another one.
He wrote a blog about it today.
From this blog, I already received an order for one of my pre-built nets with a magnetic catch by 8am yesterday morning!

You may have to scroll down to the topic as the days go by from this post.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/flytalk/2011/09/fly-fishing-heirloom-custom-net

Funny how words spread. I also received a duel order yesterday(Hubby for him and his wife) from a guy in NYC who met one of my clients from last Christmas, on a river in Pennsylvania!

It all started her on FNN when I donated 2 of my earliest models to a Team 57 event.

I love word of mouth! :)

IncredibleHuck
09-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Not to toot my own horn, but this is pretty cool, and I am proud of my fledgling business. Kirk Deeter, a blogger on Field n stream.com, a guide, a speaker, and a globe trotting fly guy, broke in his new net on a fat 19" bow on the Platte river in Co. He ordered another one.
He wrote a blog about it today.
From this blog, I already received an order for one of my pre-built nets with a magnetic catch by 8am yesterday morning!

You may have to scroll down to the topic as the days go by from this post.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/flytalk

Funny how words spread. I also received a duel order yesterday(Hubby for him and his wife) from a guy in NYC who met one of my clients from last Christmas, on a river in Pennsylvania!

It all started her on FNN when I donated 2 of my earliest models to a Team 57 event.

I love word of mouth! :)

Nice Brag post!

All kidding aside, i'm glad to hear your business is doing well. You make some awesome nets, with great craftsmanship.

IncredibleHuck
09-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Link to the story here: http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/flytalk/2011/09/fly-fishing-heirloom-custom-net

Big Daddy
09-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Congrats Greg I remember those nets you donated and also the one that you made for "Dana Fisherman 57" beautiful job. That is a great read about you and Sierra Nets. I am glad things are going well and field and stream , great job and congrats again my friend this is just the beginning.

Big Daddy

Which Way Out
09-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Congrats Greg.

You make some of the finest nets anyone would be proud to own. I see them as a perfect gift to friends and even myself if I could get my wife to read this LOL.

Once again Congratulations you have earned it.

Greg Madrigal
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank guys. And thanks IncredibleHuck for the link. It works better than mine! something else happend that is pretty exciting. A VERY generous friend of a friend just let me sort thru his own personal pile of amazing figured hardwoods. Too many to list, and SIMPLY GAVE ME THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS of the highest grade woods! I can make museum quality nets with these amazing woods. Most of the wood was destined to become guitars-AMAZING guitars, but now, they shall have a new purpose! Stoked on that! I will post pics sometime. Right now, I have to get back to sorting Curly walnut, birds eye maple, quilted maple, burled Claro walnut, etc, etc, etc...

bassgrabber1
10-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Congrats man !!! Thats awesome!

Hometown
10-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Congrats Greg Your work is simply Awsome

smokehound
10-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Sounds like you're super happy about it. Congratulations!

billy b
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I applaud you also ... as Big Daddy. I remember seeing one from the 2010 Team 57 event.

It was PURDY!

I admire you skill and talent ... wish I had some

Which Way Out
10-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Hey Greg please PM me the cost of something nice with that new lumber you got your hands on. Just don't make it to scary. I may want to have an inlay that has one letter and two numbers. I'll make sure I am sitting down when I read it.
Tnx

bassgrabber1
10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey Greg please PM me the cost of something nice with that new lumber you got your hands on. Just don't make it to scary. I may want to have an inlay that has one letter and two numbers. I'll make sure I am sitting down when I read it.
Tnx

Your net comes out to an arm, a leg and your first born child....bwahahahahA.....just kiddin'

Greg Madrigal
10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Tnx
They really aren't THAT expensive! You can pay around 130.00 for a high end, off-the-shelf Brodin made in Costa Rica, or for around 200.00 from me, but CUSTOM MADE to your specs. It's a lot like buying a custom rod where you get the # of wraps u want, with the right taper and action, and color. In the case of my nets, you can choose the woods, the hoop shape, the handle length, girth and shape, net type, lanyards color, name, initials, inlays, etc. I mean, they are hand made and custom AND you are patronizing a good ol' fashion capitalist American company/starving artist. :)

Which Way Out, check your Pm.

troutdog
10-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Could not happen to a better guy, keep up the good work Capt Madgi!

TD

farmacist
10-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Congrats on your success Greg, especially cuz it's something ur so passionate about...wood!!! j/k
Seriously, that's great, I'm very happy for you!

olfishergal
10-07-2011, 07:42 PM
CONGRATS GREG!!!!!! I love my net and it landed several beauties up in the Sierras this year.
These nets are so beautiful an fantistic to use guys, I am a proud owner and Greg is a super
great guy for making these for us lowly fisherpersons lol.........Thanks Greg and congrats...
Looks like you;re going to be needing some help with your new famed business...lucky guy
OFG