PDA

View Full Version : Corona 24 hour fishing on 9/26/11-9/27/11 another killer day >:)

catfish 17
09-29-2011, 02:57 AM
Went to corona on monday afternoon with 2 of my friends. We got the boat and took off. First spot was really dead. Moved in an hour and a half to our second spot. Got 5 cats in that second spot. Then it died, went to another spot that we usually go to and caught another 5. Then it died as well. Got an albino again lol. Went to our last spot of the day and caught 10 there. We called it a day at 8am. The total was 20 cats for us. The day started real slow, but then we found em. We got our pix taken, but they haven't put it up on their website. I'll post it up here when they do. The biggest fish was a 4 pounder. So nothing huge, wanted to catch one of those big fish they stocked but didn't happen. Oh well, 20 fish made my day :Envious:. Other then that it was another great day at corona lake. I love that lake. That lake is awesome and it's full of fish!!!

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/lakerskobe2482/9-27-11.jpg

Till next time :Big Grin:

Thanks.

catfish 17
09-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Pix have been uploaded

TheAsianGuy
09-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Great haul. Saw your pic among the photos that normally get posted regularly. Just a bit of a trick to search for the big ones that they planted. Planted cats will feed roughly 3 to 5 days after the initial dump. Cats like to adjust to their environment before feeding, unless someone at the fishery starve them first. They will force feed after 2 to 3 days. But that will also cause their deaths. Cats will linger at the depth between 3 to 7 feet after planting, just below the high temp water zone, but not too deep in the cooler water area during adjustment. If you know they just planted recently, search for them at that depth, especially in the high vegetated environment. I believe a SARL regular on the red tube tends to fish close to the vegetated location after a few days after planting. He got the fish post planting behavior smacked down tight to a science! I have to bow to him for ingeniously figuring that out! On top of that, man, he got his bait mixtures down to a freaking killer dosage.

catfish 17
09-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Really good info. Thanks.

WOODWARD7
09-30-2011, 01:29 PM
You guys should try irvine lake we catch alot of catfish and every one is over 4 pounds. We caught 50 cats last weekend. My stringer of five when 15.7 blue, 9 channel, 7 channel, 7 channel, 6 channel. There biting off the hook well be there tomorrow.

evosamurai
09-30-2011, 02:20 PM
carlos, did your gf get burnt out on staying up all night with u? lol she hasnt gone with u in a few trips

catfish 17
09-30-2011, 03:50 PM
carlos, did your gf get burnt out on staying up all night with u? lol she hasnt gone with u in a few trips

Ha yeah she can't hang.. My buddie in the middle is exactly like her too, he can't hang lol. Me and the other one are the ones that can hang like nothing. I'll be taking my gf trout fishing when it actually starts.

sapdawg11
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Killing it man!!! We need to get you out there yanking 'em in on a float tube. If we can coordinate getting out there on the same day, I may have a bright yellow rig you'd enjoy...I'll warn you with saying that it's slightly more addictive than crack. It's quite a high though and well worth the consequences!!!

catfish 17
09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Killing it man!!! We need to get you out there yanking 'em in on a float tube. If we can coordinate getting out there on the same day, I may have a bright yellow rig you'd enjoy...I'll warn you with saying that it's slightly more addictive than crack. It's quite a high though and well worth the consequences!!!

Let's do it! lol