PDA

View Full Version : castaic report for monday 9/26

Tonyc521
09-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Hit the water at 7:00 during a heavy fog bank, started looking around in the fish arm for any surface action, I never saw any striper boils all morning long I only caught 2 lrg mouth bass on top water lures and saw no one else catch anything, I hope the surface bite isn't over for the year, I saw Dave heading out when I was getting ready to pull my boat out said hi and wished him good luck. If anyone has been out looking in the last few days let us know if you saw any good sign. Thanks T

GillyGreen
09-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I was there on Monday also, It was a weird morning... That fog was really trippy.... i think the high pressure really killed that morning bite.. The largemouth started getting more active mid morning and we picked off a dozen or so on topwater before leaving at around noon.. Those fish didnt seem to show at all until the fog completely burned off...Its not over, its just gonna get better........Tight Lines

MikesOcean
09-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I was there on Monday and saw zero boils in the marina so I jammed to fish arm and saw some monster boils right before I had to leave and only managed 1 striper. Its all about being in the right place at the right time/wind.

SDDave
09-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Hit the water at 7:00 during a heavy fog bank, started looking around in the fish arm for any surface action, I never saw any striper boils all morning long I only caught 2 lrg mouth bass on top water lures and saw no one else catch anything, I hope the surface bite isn't over for the year, I saw Dave heading out when I was getting ready to pull my boat out said hi and wished him good luck. If anyone has been out looking in the last few days let us know if you saw any good sign. Thanks T
Was nice to meet you Tony, sure like that ranger of yours, the bite was good at the end of the day, dipped up some bait and had quite a few boils pop up as a result of pushing the bait out into the open, I'm always ready with my KPN, even if they don't hit it in the boil the second cast getting it under the surface gets a lot of bites.
I left them boiling at the end, wish I had another half hour cause they really start to go off.
The shad are still around in big numbers it's just moving around a lot, fish on the bait and the bass and the stripers are around, been picking up quite a few catfish on the shad to.

Tonyc521
09-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all the info, I'll be out there again on monday looking for the boils.

JeffO
09-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks for all the posts, guys! Hoping to pick off a few on topwater at the lagoon this Saturday during the CAST event. I'm sure the kids would be stoked to be a part of some topwater action.