PDA

View Full Version : Irvine or Laguna Niguel for shore fishing this Friday evening?

fuadramsey
09-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm wondering what's my best choice for lake fishing on the shore either Irvine or Laguna Niguel Lake.

I think Irvine just stocked this week, but I hear shore fishing is not that great there. Laguna's last stock was three weeks ago.

Advice?

E.A.R.G.
09-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Go to SARL. watch the video and fish where they stock. your bait should be OFF the bottom. Use a floating bait or a high low rig.
I'd say Corona too, but them catfish are gonna be full of trout guts real soon.

I do well for cats at irvine, but its really a boat lake, though some may get luck off of shore.

mjc89
09-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Irvine has good shore fishing, but right now theres a bunch of grass along the edge so its hard to fish. I have never been to Laguna Niguel so i dont know about there. Probably SARL or corona would be a better choice. Depending where your located.

vipjason
09-28-2011, 10:50 PM
what are you fishing for?

fuadramsey
09-29-2011, 10:14 PM
I'll be going for catfish.

I've never been to SARL, it does not look that appealing to me (dirt hole). I like Laguna Niguel because it's in a nice park. I'll be with two 7 year olds that'll be fishing too, that's why I was thinking of Laguna Niguel.

I also don't really want to take the kids out on a boat at night, that's why I'll be sticking to shore fishing.

If there's good shore fishing at SARL and it's okay for kids in the evening (how are anglers there?), then I might head over there.

I'm in Laguna Hills.

mjc89
09-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Well your really close to Laguna Niguel. SARL isnt pretty but when the fishings good its the spot to be. Also SARL is a gambel because some days are good and some days arent. My dad and I went tuesay night. We only managed to hook 4. the one i caught was almost 10lbs. The others were only like 2lbs. That wasnt such a good day but other times we have killed them.

fish-o-haulic
09-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Irvine has good shore fishing, but right now theres a bunch of grass along the edge so its hard to fish. I have never been to Laguna Niguel so i dont know about there. Probably SARL or corona would be a better choice. Depending where your located.

Bro i hear irvine sucks from shore. and that the only real fishing is from a boat during the nighttime though there is some nice fishing to be done from the daytime