PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever use cabela brand waders?

LGHT
09-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Looking at the Cabela's Dry-Plus™ G-II Stockingfoot Chest Waders that's on sale for $100. ??

IncredibleHuck
09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Looking at the Cabela's Dry-Plus™ G-II Stockingfoot Chest Waders that's on sale for $100. ??

I've known people in the past who used them and loved them.

PersonalBest
09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I had a pair of Dry Plus Premium. They are highly recommended. $100.00 is a good deal. You can find other brands on sale monthly at BPS. A good wader at a lower price range is the White River Fly Shop brand.

fishfinder
09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
I bought a pair 14 years ago for $79.00 still have them and they were a very good buy. Have been thinking of getting anew pair, cause i got a small pinhole in them last year. I have the 5 mil. Camo.

Marley
09-30-2011, 04:22 PM
I wear Cabela's waders and have no complaints at all. 5mm neoprene wetlands camo.

LGHT
09-30-2011, 04:34 PM
My pair should arrive early next week. My only concearn is will the sock be tight enough for me to get my closed foot fins on. It's a pretty tight fit so we will see.

LGHT
10-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok I got my waders today and the neoprene foot sock is HUGE!!

I read a few reviews about how they are a lot bigger than they need to be and unfortunately ALL of them seem to be made that way and I already wanted to order the rod holder so I just pulled the trigger anyway.

I put them on and they fit really and are not and snug, but I can't believe the sock is that big. I put it next to my XL 5mm thigh neoprene sock I use for diving and it's at least 3 times bigger. I got an XL sized wader, but the sock seems to be an XXXL sock?? I measured 3 extra inches in length and 2.5 extra inches in width. I wear a size 10-11" shoe so not sure if these where made for Shaq or what, but it seems it would easily fit a size 15-17" shoe.

I think I'm going to them to my seamstress and see what she thinks about removing the Sasquatch sock and possibly sewing on a sock made for regular sized feet.

fishfinder
10-07-2011, 03:51 PM
i would not alter them. just call cabellas and they will email u a return slip for shipping. take them back. try amazon too for waders. but only buy them from the amazon ware house. no tax, and free shipping.
see this link for example http://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Toggs-Amphib-Neoprene-Stockingfoot/dp/B000ODNIKM/ref=sr_1_11?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1318027838&sr=1-11

LGHT
10-07-2011, 04:55 PM
i would not alter them. just call cabellas and they will email u a return slip for shipping. take them back. try amazon too for waders. but only buy them from the amazon ware house. no tax, and free shipping.
see this link for example http://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Toggs-Amphib-Neoprene-Stockingfoot/dp/B000ODNIKM/ref=sr_1_11?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1318027838&sr=1-11

I already have a label and can send them back the problem is it seems like all vendors use the same 10 gallon neoprene sock that is at least 3 foot sizes bigger than they need to be so they can fit the worlds largest foot.

What's the point in sending them back and getting a pair with the same problem?

fishfinder
10-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I already have a label and can send them back the problem is it seems like all vendors use the same 10 gallon neoprene sock that is at least 3 foot sizes bigger than they need to be so they can fit the worlds largest foot.

What's the point in sending them back and getting a pair with the same problem?

mine are XL and my foot size is 13. fit really good. i believe if you alter them. they will leak. try a better brand more $$$

LGHT
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't think you understand the problem. it's not a "brand" issue or about speding more more money. It's a generic design where a person who's foot can be as big as large as a size 15 and still fit them. I know it's a confusing concept, but if they are made to fix UP TO a size 15 shoe and I am a size 11 that means is I have an extra 4" of space that needs to be removed.