PDA

View Full Version : Sons first camping trip Bishop area

bulldogs72
09-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Im going to be taking my son up to the bishop area in the first week of october. Where would be a good place to camp? Also any recomendations for fishing? Doesnt have to be any lunkers just something for my son to reel in. Thanks for the help.

ityperx
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm not certain of the camping area around Bishop, but for fishing, you can try all four lakes off hwy 168(I think that's the name). South Lake, Intake II, North Lake, and Sabrina Lake. I think Intake II would be perfect for your son's first trip. Parking is close by and you don't have to hike that far to the lake. If your preference is rivers and streams, then bishop creek is there as well. Good luck and have fun...

golfish
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
bulldogs72,
Its going to be cold so if your tent camping I'd stay low. For this time of year I like French Camp behind Toms Place. Its a nice camp, has a creek running through and the store and cafe are within walking distance. Rock Creek lake is up the road, Convict Lake is close and the mammoth lake basin is 30 minutes away.

JAG107
10-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I vote for the 168 area. Great selection of camps. Fork campground is low enough so its not freezing cold, GREAT centralized location for all the lakes (it's at the fork in the road that goes to South/Sabrina). Bishop creek is right on the camp and is stocked right there. Never fished Intake II but hear its great. If you go to the dam at Sabrina you will get your son on some fish for sure. Have a great trip!