PDA

View Full Version : 9/26 FYI...Tickets for tying up to the buoys......$75

dixoncider
09-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey, fished on Monday the 26th. Got a few stripers, biggest was 8.6. In the middle of the day about 1200 or 1300 I went over to the buoys by the inlet tower to see what was going on. There were quite a few boats tied up, or so I thought were tied up. I came along side and threw up a line. The guys behind me said that a little while ago they got a ticket for tying up? $75 worth. As it turned out they were now anchored and so was everyone else. So I guess the program is to get right next to the buoys and drop anchor straight down..Sound like they may have singled a few boat out of the group and wrote tickets. Not sure who wrote the ticket but I did see the lakes pontoon boat heading that way earlier...for what it's worth...same thing happen at Castaic last year..sucks if you are in a rental. I guess it is posted not to tie up there but you know the deal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/bass4lb.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/striper86.jpg

TroutOnly
09-27-2011, 08:38 PM
The dock witch she loves to write tickets, thats how she powertrips on people,,,,she thought she had me one day but i already had my anchor out,,,,,,,,,,

GdHkSet1
09-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey, fished on Monday the 26th. Got a few stripers, biggest was 8.6. In the middle of the day about 1200 or 1300 I went over to the buoys by the inlet tower to see what was going on. There were quite a few boats tied up, or so I thought were tied up. I came along side and threw up a line. The guys behind me said that a little while ago they got a ticket for tying up? $75 worth. As it turned out they were now anchored and so was everyone else. So I guess the program is to get right next to the buoys and drop anchor straight down..Sound like they may have singled a few boat out of the group and wrote tickets. Not sure who wrote the ticket but I did see the lakes pontoon boat heading that way earlier...for what it's worth...same thing happen at Castaic last year..sucks if you are in a rental. I guess it is posted not to tie up there but you know the deal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/bass4lb.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/striper86.jpg
dc
Nice catches. In that LMB pic the water is so clear-I keep seeing a image of a skeleton in that pic! See you on the water.

Big Daddy
09-27-2011, 10:37 PM
I say give them all tickets. You guys should know better,there are a few people that are calling her when they go by, but it will thin the herd the last couple times I have been there I saw a few inside the bouys. Hahahahahahahahaha

Big Daddy
09-27-2011, 10:49 PM
The dock witch she loves to write tickets, thats how she powertrips on people,,,,she thought she had me one day but i already had my anchor out,,,,,,,,,,

I saw you with your anchor out and by the time you could pull it up to free your fish a cousin had stole your fish. A DD at that but the look on your face priceless. You were so mad LOL I am glad you didn't have gun that day

a321eric
09-27-2011, 11:53 PM
They're sucking us dry man. :No Pity:

NFCD I
09-28-2011, 06:04 AM
If the lake is all about making money, why not put permanent ropes on the bouy line and charge a $5.00 fee to use them.
She told some guys last week that she was going to write them a ticket if they didn't stay at least 5 ft away from the line. Has anyone else heard that rule?

fishstory
09-28-2011, 06:57 AM
What is the real harm tying to the buoy line? Not like the cable is gonna snap. I like fishing the buoys. Funny thing is, when your up against the buoys something in my head says drop down just inside the line. In reality, if I I dropped on the other side of my boat my bait would only be about 6 feet away. Some weird psych thing about it. That big cement structure draws us in. I just got two anchors so I can avoid a fine. I want to be able to relax out there and not worry about the dock witch. :LOL:

Fusionwerks
09-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey T.O., I met the guy that stole your fish! I was out at the bouy last Sat and He told me the whole story and i just laughed cause I knew.

TUNAVIC
09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Nice pictures,and ditto on the DVL skeleton!lol

TroutOnly
09-28-2011, 10:03 AM
I DONT KNOW WHAT WAS WORSE BIG DADDY,THAT CHICKENSHIT STEALING MY FISH AND NOT ABLE TO LOOK ME IN THE FACE OR THAT MONSTER PIG SPOOLING ME,,,,IF I WOULD HAVE HAD MY GUN I WOULDNT HAVE SHOT ANYBODY BUT THAT BOAT WOULD BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LAKE,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,

fishchum
09-28-2011, 10:10 AM
it's funny that someone brought this subject up.
i have been meaning to find out what the rule are for being near the bouy line?

just 2 weeks ago, we fish near the bouy line with our anchor down and next to it (not tying up)and she was out there watching us and 10+ other boat and she did not mention or said anything to anyone. that day we had santa ana wind coming from the east and of course our boat and everyone else was rubbing against the bouy and she didn't even made a move or said anything. here the funny thing, by 3 in the afternoon everyone had left including her and now there 4 boat including us was in the same position and not tied up. by 3:45 she was on the intercom ( i gues there is one somewhere on the pump house) telling us to stay away from the bouy and "move back or you will be cited".
THE POINT IS, WHAT THE RULE? nothing on the DVL site say anything regarding this.
not trying to be an ***, but the fish is inside the bouy line.
why don't they just put a sign out there and say " NO FISHING INSIDE THE BOUY LINE"!

HawgStalker
09-28-2011, 10:12 AM
dixoncider..... Thats a nice looking largie! Looks about 4lb. or so?

Good job.....

karlow
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
I have to ask, How deep is the water there?
Are the fish being cough on the bottom or fly lined?

Bob how did you get spooled?
Was the pig over 15lbs?
I have to go to DVL!
Home of this years two skunks!!!!!

dixoncider
09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Bass was just over 4. Waters real clear. Probably 15' vis

Fysher
09-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Congrats on your catch. I gotta make it out to DVL one of these days to get some linesides. A while back I was fishing Skinner and the patrol guy told us to un-hook from the buoy line, so we did (Didn't know we couldn't hook up to the buoy line) and said, "Sorry, didn't know that I couldn't hook onto the buoy line" he then says that it's a state law that you can't hook onto any buoy line.

Agree with an earlier post, maybe put up another line and charge a fee to use it.

dixoncider
09-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Yesterday it seemed that everyone was hip to there game. when they saw the patrol boat coming everyone would move. No one was tied up that I saw and didn't see any tickets. Didn't make for a pleasant fishing experience with all the boat jocking around when ever the patrol came by. That whole deal over that is not my scene. there are fish to be caught over there though...

TroutOnly
10-01-2011, 01:50 PM
HEY KARL WAY OVER TWENTY,,,,,,,,IVE KILLED MORE THAN A DOZEN TWENTYS THIS YR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,

fishstory
10-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I saw three tickets get written up around me. She came out twice yesterday. (friday). In the morning the wind is coming out of the east so it would hold you up against the buoys but once the onshores took over you pretty much had to hold on to the buoy line if you wanted to fish inside it. I got some good fish yesterday. We got 8 fish. 5 of them over 8lbs and one 10.25 lbs. Love the buoyline! I did pickup a 25lb or maybe it's a 20lb navy anchor and it holds great even when it's not dug in. Like a rock down there. Cant wait to go back.

IN2DEEP
10-17-2011, 11:37 AM
I was there on Sunday 10/17 and there was little to no wind all day long and the buoyline had boats tied to it all day long.
I'm thinking that when the wind reaches a certain strength, they will chase you off so the buoyline won't break?