PDA

View Full Version : Not Much local.But

TUNAVIC
09-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok not like I have anything special to report but I enjoy every one elses reports I feel I should contribute.
Launched out of Davies LB this morning,wanted to catch anything but squid. Got to my first reef,the 7min wreck outside LA light,water looked good flat as a lake but no current,zipp at that spot,then we headed a little outside to 80-90ft depth and started scratchin a few rockies.
Ended day with 2sheephead,7-10assorted rockfish,7of those weird perch we've been catchin lately,4sandbass,nothing over 2-3lbs,although as a side note I caught a fish that to me looked like a grouper from down south or Floirda,kinda black purplelish with white spots and teeth! Probably weighed a solid 5lbs,I took a few pictures,but the camera is still in the boat,will post tomorrow for FNN ID.
Cya Tuna Vic

Ifishtoolittle
09-27-2011, 08:35 PM
You're outside and fishing. You can't complain lol! I REALLY want to get and get some salt action!

JapanRon
09-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi TUNAVIC,

Appreciate the report. I think what you caught was a juvenile Black Sea Bass. That's EXACTLY how those guys look at that size. The purple even kinda glows right....... especially in contrast to the white spots !!

JapanRon

stepchild
09-28-2011, 05:02 AM
wtg on getting out...a lil report is better than no report

TUNAVIC
09-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi TUNAVIC,

Appreciate the report. I think what you caught was a juvenile Black Sea Bass. That's EXACTLY how those guys look at that size. The purple even kinda glows right....... especially in contrast to the white spots !!

JapanRon Thanks Ron,but I've caught juvenile BSB,and they didn't look like this one,the smallest BSB I've caught was about 6"long,also this fish had bright green eyes,looking to post pictures soon,thanks for response.

TUNAVIC
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Ok I'm going to try this,been having a little trouble loading pics.
The first 2-3pics are of a fish I caught tuesday,some feel it was a juvenile black seabass.
Now the only reason I didn't is because I've caught a few young BSB in the past,and they did not look like this fish to me,this fish had white spots instead of black,good size teeth,and a little longer elongated body.
I feel it's some kind of rockfish,but I've never caught one like this before. Well I hate to say this but I've been trying for last 30mins to load pics,no success will post asap!

Hometown
09-28-2011, 01:01 PM
thanks for the report waiting for pics

TUNAVIC
09-28-2011, 02:45 PM
thanks for the report waiting for pics
Man I've tried everything to post pics,won't happen,I posted them on another site,no problem check them out there Mark,I don't want to name the site here but I'm sure you can figure which other site.

Psycho_fish'r
09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Sounds like it could be a cabezon.