PDA

View Full Version : Any "recent" and personal Lake Isabella Reports?

Sandman_Tracker
09-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Taking my son camping at Lake Isabella this weekend; anyone have any recent reports to share?

flytyingreloader
09-28-2011, 01:59 AM
I cannot sleep.....SHEESH! Yes, I fished Izzy yesterday with a friend. Launched out of the dam area, and while trolling for trout he stuck and boated a NICE channel catfish......trolling a semi-hideous Rapala in black over orange and red. Fish was 21" long. I hit but missed a couple fish, probably trout, on trolled Thomas Bouyants in RB trout pattern.

Next stop was Kissack Cove for crappie, with zero love whatsoever over 2 hours. Water temps were pretty warm, upwards of 70+ at noon.

We then worked points and structure for bass with swimbaits and plastic worms. Fish laughter was audible. We finished up the late afternoon with more trolling near the main dam down deep, where a couple more probable trout gave desultory, non-commital taps on the TBs.

The good things--no boat drama, and most of the lake was glass water all day long. The thermocline is about 12-15 feet deep, with all fish marks underneath same. My guess is that the pisces are staying under the over-warm top water for the most part, but we still saw a lot of jumping trout and bass--esp. near the boat launch between the dams.

Channel cat while trout-trolling a scary Rapala.......too weird.

Sandman_Tracker
09-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Hmm...doesn't sound too promising...lol. I'll be hitting the water this weekend. Plan on trolling for trout and doing some LMB and crappie fishing. I'll be calling the local B&T tmrw for any news. I'll update here on what they tell me

Bassnman Mike
09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
PM sent....