PDA

View Full Version : SilverLake, trolling 23SEP11

GdHkSet1
09-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Did the annual buddie trip and decided to try a cabin up at the June loop. We heard from a friend that the Reverse Creek Lodge had some nice cabins- and they were right. The cabins are nice and clean, and the owners were cool. One of our friends could not make it up friday morning, but we got the larger cabin any way w/o the extra charge. Thank you Naaden family! We fished primarily Silver for the weekend, fish were taken all on the troll using spinners and some NC. The bite was always better when the wind kicked in. Here are some pics from this weekend, look forward to getting back up there for some more relaxation and talking to cool folks.
Falls above the loop:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/2011SIERRAFISHINGTRIP006.jpg
Where we crashed at:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/2011SIERRAFISHINGTRIP002.jpg
Hook up:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/2011SIERRAFISHINGTRIP048.jpg

Which Way Out
09-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Nice that the lodge took care of you guys like that. Because of your report I may just give them a try someday.

Thanks for the report. Heading up to Parchers in a few weeks and hope we have great weather and lots of fun too.

REEL EZ
09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
I am heading up to the loop this weekend. Thanks for the report.

flytyingreloader
09-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Good ol' twirlers-and-worm-chunks! I doubt I'll be able to hit The Loop this week, other stuff going on--but next week is practically a lock. I'd love to do Tues-Thurs up there, a full day each at June--Silver--and Grant.

GdHkSet1
09-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Nice that the lodge took care of you guys like that. Because of your report I may just give them a try someday.
Thanks for the report. Heading up to Parchers in a few weeks and hope we have great weather and lots of fun too.
Good luck up there, I hear the Parchers place is great, we may try that place next year. Good luck!

I am heading up to the loop this weekend. Thanks for the report.
Hope you guys have a great bite, have to like the lite fishing pressure.

Good ol' twirlers-and-worm-chunks! I doubt I'll be able to hit The Loop this week, other stuff going on--but next week is practically a lock. I'd love to do Tues-Thurs up there, a full day each at June--Silver--and Grant.
Man, you got it made! Hope you do well on all three lakes. I saw some of the locals during the early evening bite troll with fly rods-thier trolling speed was faster than us folks and they were getting some nice hits too.

flytyingreloader
09-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Retirement is NICE. Gotta deer hunt tomorrow and Friday, before the weekenders descend upon D-8.

billy b
09-29-2011, 09:09 AM
How you folks fishing Grant? Shore or troll? Are you going up into the inlet-bay to the west of the launch?

A PM is okay if you wish. I used to love to troll from the landing straight to Privy point come just around the point and then go straight across the lake to what I think is called Rainbow area on the south east side. 3 colors ... contest between the bikini nfish and the frog. Got some nice browns 14-17"

Big Country
09-29-2011, 10:20 AM
The Reverse Creek Lodge family is awesome and have always done their part to make sure our stays were great. The fact that they have like 58 kids or something like that, all home schooled and the 3 or 4 oldest on academic scholarships to Stanford says quite a bit. Good place to stay for sure.

phishin phool
09-29-2011, 07:47 PM
I was up there the same day you guys were, except I fished in the evening. Gotta love Silver Lake, beautiful and absolutely full of fish!!!!

GdHkSet1
09-29-2011, 11:34 PM
The Reverse Creek Lodge family is awesome and have always done their part to make sure our stays were great. The fact that they have like 58 kids or something like that, all home schooled and the 3 or 4 oldest on academic scholarships to Stanford says quite a bit. Good place to stay for sure.
The next time we head up, I'm going to bring the fam and stay there again.

I was up there the same day you guys were, except I fished in the evening. Gotta love Silver Lake, beautiful and absolutely full of fish!!!!
No doubt, that was our 1st time renting boats. We talked about getting into float tubing for next year-ultimate stealth. We drove down to Grant, and shore fished for a couple of hours w/o any results, but that place looks like a great lake to do some trolling.

GdHkSet1
09-29-2011, 11:37 PM
How you folks fishing Grant? Shore or troll? Are you going up into the inlet-bay to the west of the launch?

A PM is okay if you wish. I used to love to troll from the landing straight to Privy point come just around the point and then go straight across the lake to what I think is called Rainbow area on the south east side. 3 colors ... contest between the bikini nfish and the frog. Got some nice browns 14-17"

Billy B
I am totally new to that lake, I would like to learn how to fish that place via trolling. I may get some 411 for you from my friend that used to troll flies thier. I'll see if I can get that info and shoot you a P.M

JAG107
10-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Nice report! Grant's way fun for trolling, deserted and way bigger than Silver. I have all my luck there with frog pattern and flashers w/ n/c. Gotta fish deep still, too warm!