PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Clark and La Mirada and Laguna lake catfish planting

cklovetofish
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't see any reports for these lakes at all. What happens lately to catfish planting for these lakes.
DFG had been planting cat fish for these lakes for the last 2~3 weeks. Everytime, the fish would not bite except for a few. Then a few days later tons of them started floating up dead. Took a look at their bodies, appear to have a lot of bruises.
DFG, if you are going to plant fish, plant them in a way that we can fish, not to see them dead.
If you are regular business, I would had asked for a refund.

etucker1959
09-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I fish these waters on a daily basis, so here's my theory. The water is still too warm to support all the catfish in the lakes. Warm water means less oxygen for the fish to breath. Couple that with they don't bite immediately and are not taken out of the lake, hench you got a major oxygen problem. I was talking to the ranger at Clark and he said they fished out 40 dead catfish in the last couple of days. You have to also remember this, they haven't stocked catfish this time of the year in quite some time. So there is not anything fundementaly wrong with the lakes or the catfish stockings. As for lack of reports, I found out the locals mointor this site and they would not appreciate any fish reports about their home lakes.

sshernandez
09-26-2011, 03:43 PM
The same thing happened to the lake I go to.. last month when they stocked they found about 40 dead catfish but they stocked it this past week and no dead catfish.. I don't like to post about the city lakes I go to because I see a lot of people rape these lakes. This time they stocked I seen so many people I have never seen before and they come with 5 poles each and taking everything even turtles..

headcase881
09-26-2011, 05:03 PM
For one i dont like over fishing but tell the locals to piss off i bet they have come to my home lakes.

vortec_cruiser
09-26-2011, 05:31 PM
You know, if nobody posted any fish reports of local lakes for fear of having some "outsider" go and fish there, then this board would soon lose its intended purpose. Maybe you should just secretly text the information only to your closest, trusted friends. No, that won't work, because one of them might leak the information to someone outside the trusted circle. So, why not just post it here and take your chances at making a few friends. :-)

fish-o-haulic
09-26-2011, 06:11 PM
You know, if nobody posted any fish reports of local lakes for fear of having some "outsider" go and fish there, then this board would soon lose its intended purpose. Maybe you should just secretly text the information only to your closest, trusted friends. No, that won't work, because one of them might leak the information to someone outside the trusted circle. So, why not just post it here and take your chances at making a few friends. :-)

thats what im saying. when i tell some people that not posting is defeating the purpose of this website in general they still say its not smart to post. but yet some of those people will be like WTF if the site gets closed down or something because of lack of posting. Not saying that will happen just sayin

smokehound
09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I dont care much for small channel cats.. a carp the same size has way more fight in it.

I prefer doing the bait and wait thing at the beach, with one sand crab, you attract like 13 different fish.

IMO the DFG should also stock large bluegills and bass to keep lakes active. our park lakes do have the potential to house large panfish, they just need good management. Wouldn't it be sweet if the DFG stocked a bunch of huge panfish during summer, instead of catfish? That would keep me glued to the lake. haha

etucker1959
09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Smokehound I'll always respect a different opinion then my own. But you need someone to show you the ropes on pond catfishing. This past week wasn't really one of our better weeks but we still C&R 60 catfish in one of the local ponds. As for the size of them, there about the same size as they put in the pay lakes. Let me tell you about last nights adventure. I had about as much fun as any man can with his cloths on. I show up at one of the local ponds and nobody there except for a few bass fisherman. I throw one pole out with a slip bobber and the other one is a bottom pole. The slip boober get's hit twice by catfish on the first cast, and the bottom pole nearly get's drug in the lake by a catfish. This is going to be a good night. Long story short I only caught 8 catfish missed 10 and laughed my butt off all night. This pond is only 10 minutes from my house, totally free to fish and you only need about 2 hours of fishing time. Now that is value. If someone would ever want to learn how to do this just ask. My only request is just take a few home, and leave the rest for another day.

smokehound
09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Smokehound I'll always respect a different opinion then my own. But you need someone to show you the ropes on pond catfishing. This past week wasn't really one of our better weeks but we still C&R 60 catfish in one of the local ponds. As for the size of them, there about the same size as they put in the pay lakes. Let me tell you about last nights adventure. I had about as much fun as any man can with his cloths on. I show up at one of the local ponds and nobody there except for a few bass fisherman. I throw one pole out with a slip bobber and the other one is a bottom pole. The slip boober get's hit twice by catfish on the first cast, and the bottom pole nearly get's drug in the lake by a catfish. This is going to be a good night. Long story short I only caught 8 catfish missed 10 and laughed my butt off all night. This pond is only 10 minutes from my house, totally free to fish and you only need about 2 hours of fishing time. Now that is value. If someone would ever want to learn how to do this just ask. My only request is just take a few home, and leave the rest for another day. First of all, since the imperial catfish farm is the one stocking all of OC and LA, No duh! of course they'll be the same size as them. Occasionally some silver cats (erroneously called "albinos" by n00bs) are in the mix as well, many of them 5 lbs, a few ten-lb'ers also make it in. I can say with much confidence that you have NOTHING new to show me. Even a small bluegill is more fun than a catfish, IMO.

DKCbassman
09-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Do you see what I tried to tell you about the "internet fisherman". It's not like all the info and skill you have came from watching threads right? If any of these people really knew your professional fishing skills, they would be smart to take a seat in the back and watch a master of Catfish. Seriously, maybe you should just keep your skills and info. for those with quiet mouths and learning brains? I mean who wants to catch an average of 100+ Catfish per week and practice catch & release on all those Cats..................

As for keeping it low with the local scene,1959 it's appreciated by all who do so much to keep our little lakes alive. The people on here blabb about a lot of BS, but I personally only know a small handful of people who "actually do contribute to a lake's survival." What they don't know will hurt them and only make them look foolish. To anyone "who's got something to say about the locals"...... Where were you when I was collecting signatures and petitions to adopt/ enact Orange County Ordinance regarding "Catch & Release all Bass", and make legal posted signs? Where do you think those fish came from that you are fishing for at "YOUR" local lake (Tri-city, Laguna, Clark). Did you know your lake is to be stocked VERY SOON with a ridiculous amount of Bass, FLorida Strain Bluegill, Crappie (Again)? But this is your lake right? And what do you know about your lake?

smokehound
09-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Do you see what I tried to tell you about the "internet fisherman". It's not like all the info and skill you have came from watching threads right? If any of these people really knew your professional fishing skills, they would be smart to take a seat in the back and watch a master of Catfish. Seriously, maybe you should just keep your skills and info. for those with quiet mouths and learning brains? I mean who wants to catch an average of 100+ Catfish per week and practice catch & release on all those Cats..................

As for keeping it low with the local scene,1959 it's appreciated by all who do so much to keep our little lakes alive. The people on here blabb about a lot of BS, but I personally only know a small handful of people who "actually do contribute to a lake's survival." What they don't know will hurt them and only make them look foolish. To anyone "who's got something to say about the locals"...... Where were you when I was collecting signatures and petitions to adopt/ enact Orange County Ordinance regarding "Catch & Release all Bass", and make legal posted signs? Where do you think those fish came from that you are fishing for at "YOUR" local lake (Tri-city, Laguna, Clark). Did you know your lake is to be stocked VERY SOON with a ridiculous amount of Bass, FLorida Stain Bluegill, Crappie (Again)? But this is your lake right? And what do you know about your lake?I dunno if I should give you tips. You have neither a quiet mouth, nor an active brain. :ROFL: sorry bro but you left yourself open for that one.

vipjason
09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I was at the laguna lake when it was stocked by dfg. The next day I came back I saw about 0-15 floating due to the heat temperature.

smokehound
09-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I was at the laguna lake when it was stocked by dfg. The next day I came back I saw about 0-15 floating due to the heat temperature.I doubt it was the heat, the reason being the strong aeration laguna gets. Fish sometimes die when just dumped into water, sometimes the shock is too much for them, and they croak. It's unavoidable. a mortality of 15 out of a whole tank is actually pretty good.

That's exactly why its recommended to set the bag in your fish tank for a while, before introducing a new fish.. You're supposed to let the temp. in the bag slowly become the same as the tank.

vipjason
09-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Smokehead: where else do you fish at? I just started fishing and was wondering any local park have good fishs

smokehound
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Smokehead: where else do you fish at? I just started fishing and was wondering any local park have good fishs *hound, not "head". I generally prefer ocean fishing to freshwater..

DKCbassman
09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
I dunno if I should give you tips. You have neither a quiet mouth, nor an active brain. :ROFL: sorry bro but you left yourself open for that one. I dont need your tips, your not really a guy who is in the loop around here at the local lakes. Since you think my brain is "inactive" can you tell me what your "active brain" has done for your local lakes? Oh and what law did you create at your local lake? And what was the budget for the signs and time it took you to create that law at your lake?

Like I said before, 1959 is a Catfish Pro and anyone who thinks they cant learn from him is MISTAKEN. I'm actually glad that people on here are giving him a little bashing, maybe he will get the point of what I've been saying about these internet fishermen.

smokehound
09-28-2011, 10:22 PM
I dont need your tips, your not really a guy who is in the loop around here at the local lakes. Since you think my brain is "inactive" can you tell me what your "active brain" has done for your local lakes? Oh and what law did you create at your local lake? And what was the budget for the signs and time it took you to create that law at your lake?

Like I said before, 1959 is a Catfish Pro and anyone who thinks they cant learn from him is MISTAKEN. I'm actually glad that people on here are giving him a little bashing, maybe he will get the point of what I've been saying about these internet fishermen.Oh, i get it now! You're defending his honor! That's so nice of you. What race of baby are you two planning on adopting?

Catfishing is a simple endeavor, barring the more difficult quarry like massive Blues, and arm-breaking Flatheads, it's laughable how you "masters" always do the most overtly-complicated **** to catch such a species, that eats nearly everything, and provides even people with mere cornflakes and jello to catch a limit.

How do we know YOU'RE not an internet fisherman yourself? Give us proof. Post a detailed fishing report with photographs? You're always talking about doing something for the public, after all.

DKCbassman
09-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Oh, i get it now! You're defending his honor! That's so nice of you. What race of baby are you two planning on adopting?

Catfishing is a simple endeavor, barring the more difficult quarry like massive Blues, and arm-breaking Flatheads, it's laughable how you "masters" always do the most overtly-complicated **** to catch such a species, that eats nearly everything, and provides even people with mere cornflakes and jello to catch a limit.

How do we know YOU'RE not an internet fisherman yourself? Give us proof. Post a detailed fishing report with photographs? You're always talking about doing something for the public, after all.
I wont go to your level and start the bagging $hiz. I made my point, and Smokehead, you also helped prove my point. I'll continue making sure my local lakes stay alive and continue to be an "ICON" of other public lakes wishing they had the support our local lakes get. BTW I'm not talking about doing something for the public, I've DONE IT. Need proof, just look at the quality of fish from these lakes and the rules and regs and enforcement. Maybe you want to come and catch some real bluegill that are 2lbs +.
I dont need to prove that I'm not an internet fisherman, especially to you. Since your the PRO and can be taught NOTHING, leave it at that.

smokehound
09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I wont go to your level and start the bagging $hiz. I made my point, and Smokehead, you also helped prove my point. I'll continue making sure my local lakes stay alive and continue to be an "ICON" of other public lakes wishing they had the support our local lakes get. BTW I'm not talking about doing something for the public, I've DONE IT. Need proof, just look at the quality of fish from these lakes and the rules and regs and enforcement. Maybe you want to come and catch some real bluegill that are 2lbs +.
I dont need to prove that I'm not an internet fisherman, especially to you. Since your the PRO and can be taught NOTHING, leave it at that.If I want big bluegills I'll visit skinner, silverwood, or perris.

The bottom line is, YOU'RE A PISSANT NOBODY. I bet you're 1959 :ROFL:

DKCbassman
09-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Of course you can go to Perris, DVL,Skinner, Elsinore, Silverwood,etc. for those giant gills. Those Giant gills are 'Florida Strain'. I've been trying to tell you, they are at the same local lake you fish. Maybe you just lack skill and cant land them.

Look man, just enjoy Laguna while you can, since you don't know ***** about the local scene I'll give you some more info, It's scheduled to get drained October/November 2011.

smokehound
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Of course you can go to Perris, DVL,Skinner, Elsinore, Silverwood,etc. for those giant gills. Those Giant gills are 'Florida Strain'. I've been trying to tell you, they are at the same local lake you fish. Maybe you just lack skill and cant land them.

Look man, just enjoy Laguna while you can, since you don't know ***** about the local scene I'll give you some more info, It's scheduled to get drained October/November 2011. I dunno, anyone here able to back that claim up? :ROFL:

DKCbassman
09-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Just ask anyone in the loop with the lakes. Or just look at all the local posts with blocked out backgrounds,etc, those are the others who know and respect it.

Instead of underestimating me, why don't you "Smokehound" start the Petition to refill the lake. Seriously, the lake is being drained due to seepage. The liner and ground under the lake are failing. The city is looking into alternatives for the lake's usage. And right now, they are not looking to refill it.

Do your homework before you come at me.

smokehound
09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Just ask anyone in the loop with the lakes. Or just look at all the local posts with blocked out backgrounds,etc, those are the others who know and respect it.

Instead of underestimating me, why don't you "Smokehound" start the Petition to refill the lake. Seriously, the lake is being drained due to seepage. The liner and ground under the lake are failing. The city is looking into alternatives for the lake's usage. And right now, they are not looking to refill it.

Do your homework before you come at me.Quit changing the subject. You claimed there are huge gills at laguna, Tri-City, and the other OC parks. The ONLY time, i EVER saw a bluegill exceeding 1 lb in our lakes was nearly 16 years ago.

etucker1959
09-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Guys chill please! Smokehound all I really was just trying to do with you, was invite you to go catfishing with me someday. I was not trying to start a poop storm battle with you. I was just trying show you or anybody else how much fun these pond catfish are to catch. I am very sorry this thread got soo out of hand.

smokehound
09-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Guys chill please! Smokehound all I really was just trying to do with you, was invite you to go catfishing with me someday. I was not trying to start a poop storm battle with you. I was just trying show you or anybody else how much fun these pond catfish are to catch. I am very sorry this thread got soo out of hand.Well then I apologize for any crass comments I made towards you. Your comment DID however rub me the wrong way. (obviously) We had a misunderstanding, and i apologize.

However, your pal there will not get an apology from me.

DKCbassman
09-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Well then I apologize for any crass comments I made towards you. Your comment DID however rub me the wrong way. (obviously) We had a misunderstanding, and i apologize.

However, your pal there will not get an apology from me.
I dont need an apology, you didn't do anything to me. I just tried to educate you on the local scene and how 1959 is a Catfish Pro, and you got all feelings about it. Make sure "Smokehound" starts the petition for the 'Laguna Lake restoration project'. Maybe when we begin moving the fish around, you will change your tune and actually help out instead of starting shizz.
I'll just look for the guy waiting for the 2+lb Florida's in the net and I'll know who you are. If its such a big deal, just doubt my word, but ask some of the locals who have caught them and released them. If your really that desperate, I think there are still some reports (Under city park reports) with pictures,etc.

cklovetofish
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
I must have some vudoo bad luck as most of my posts either have no replies or tons of replies that ended up
talking totally off of what I tried to post.
Go fish and cool off guys. Who cares if you or he is right. If you guys want to fight, then PM each other.
DID I STARTED THIS. THINK NOT.

smokehound
09-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I must have some vudoo bad luck as most of my posts either have no replies or tons of replies that ended up
talking totally off of what I tried to post.
Go fish and cool off guys. Who cares if you or he is right. If you guys want to fight, then PM each other.
DID I STARTED THIS. THINK NOT.its not your fault man, you're right. I'll just put him on ignore