PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming trip, tackle suggestions.

MRB1185
09-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey guys,

I will be in the bishop/mammoth area for 3 days coming up soon. It will be my first time tubing, looking for lure suggestions. Let me know, thanks!

JeffO
09-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey guys,

I will be in the bishop/mammoth area for 3 days coming up soon. It will be my first time tubing, looking for lure suggestions. Let me know, thanks!

If you're fishing the streams/rivers, use a black and gold Panther Martin w/ 4 lb line. Last time I was up there that produced really well for me.

Good luck! :)

FadedOne
09-25-2011, 10:32 PM
The red and gold Thomas Buoyant is my go to lure. Lately the other one I like is the red and gold Lip Ripper spoon. If you are on a tube you can play with jigs, powerworms, flies, etc. Lots of fun to be had out there since you are not land locked.

billy b
09-26-2011, 10:03 AM
The red and gold Thomas Buoyant is my go to lure. Lately the other one I like is the red and gold Lip Ripper spoon. If you are on a tube you can play with jigs, powerworms, flies, etc. Lots of fun to be had out there since you are not land locked.

Perfect suggestions! Always have to include a Kastmaster. Mini jigs and plastic worms are considered lures by many also.

brad1
09-26-2011, 10:33 AM
The water should be nice and cold up there for you :)

IncredibleHuck
09-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey guys,

What lakes are you going to be tubing?

One of my favorites is drop shotting or split shotting an Orange Lip Ripperz worm.

Just be to sure to use 2# test up there!

bchbum54
09-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Thomas Buoyants, , some Power Bait in different colors, and some Trout King worms and jigs

MRB1185
09-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

What lakes are you going to be tubing?

One of my favorites is drop shotting or split shotting an Orange Lip Ripperz worm.

Just be to sure to use 2# test up there!

I plan on hitting up all the standards, convict, twin, george, mary, etc. Probably go to ellery but I am not sure if you can tube there, its small enough to just play on the shore.

IncredibleHuck
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I plan on hitting up all the standards, convict, twin, george, mary, etc. Probably go to ellery but I am not sure if you can tube there, its small enough to just play on the shore.

Ok, you'll be fine at any of those lakes tossing Lip Ripperz. I really prefer to drop shot them anymore, but that's just me. If you get a chance pick up one of the Siberian Tiger Z Spoons and toss it at dusk or dawn.