PDA

View Full Version : Guide trip sat ryan kills his first stripey and fish's his first boils

TroutOnly
09-25-2011, 10:04 AM
i got contacted a week ago or so by ryan he had been reading posts on the fnn for a while and decided he wanted to do some striper fishing with me. we met up ant the ramp and loaded his stuff and we were off. seeing how i did the recon the day befire with cutbait i had a pretty good idea of what was happening . we started trolling up the fish arm . it wasnt long before we spotted bait and active schools .

next thing you know we get are first hookup and ryans got a stripey in the boat ,the skunks gone and ryans no longer a striper virgin.he was happy for some quick action.we kept on rolling hitting fish here and there and talking and laughing the whole time. ryan was seeing how relaxing and fun trolling is and how well it lets you see wahts happening in a large area of the water.

we had made almost a complete lap at the lake with just only little pops here and there then we were nearing the big point by the west ramp and i was telling ryan sometimes they blow right here, about two seconds later a school blows up right next to us, i stop the boat and we both grabbed a topwater rod and throw it in a couple lures ,i get hooked up but the stripey spit the hook on me ,ryanskpn got bumped but no hookup ,we reset the gear and kept on trolling.

about the same time as friday we were in the fish arm near the marina and the boils and the boil whores were fighting for the spots.we put the trolling gear away and started in on the fight for being in the right spot and the right time. the boils were not very many there and a long time in between. after getting a couple fish and the boils coming to a stop, we started trolling againand as the sun went down the action just kept picking up.

thank you ryan for being a fan of the fnn and its members and there reports and thank you for using my guide service, i hope everybody at the big family bbq on sunday gets some of the stripers you got to catch,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0020RYAN----111111111.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0018RRRYYYYANNNNNNNN----------33333333333333.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0019RYAN------22222222222-1.jpg

trail blazer
09-25-2011, 11:20 AM
hook,d up with the legend and now ryan is no longer a striper virgin,,,,,,,,,,,CONGRATS!

TRAIL BLAZER

ryanbsimmcon
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey Bob, I can't thank you enough for the day on the water. The best fishin' I've ever done. I remember my excitement pulling in that first stripey! I got a great perspective of what goes on in the lake from your boat, Thanks again for the experience!

cutbait
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Nicely done Bob and Ryan!!!

karlow
09-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Bob it was great to see ya there. It has been a while. We did not get but two fish. Both were on the boils. Joe got the LAMB early. and I got the one stripy that you saw. WTF! that was a serious zoo.
Great action. The party was over in seven seconds.
At T= thousand and one then guys on the shore start yelling and running to the left.
A second later you hear four or five boats start up at full speed
A second later a guy on shore hooks up.
At a second later the first boat shuts down and slides into position.
At t= 5 seconds the guy in the first boat fires off hist cast.
T=6 second the other boats are sliding into position , the fish are down.
Four guys fire off frantic cast!
T=7 seconds the guy in the first boat is hooked up.
At t= 8 seconds four boats are hooked up with each other.
I was laughing so hard I could not fish! One of the guys in a little tin
boat clipped a bass boat.
It does not get any more entertaining then this!
The guys on shore were doing all of the damage.
It's hard to catch fish when a half dozen boat are running up on them!
We should have spent more time trolling and put some fish on the boat.
At least you are doing something right Bob.

We will get them next time.

KP

fishinone
09-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Nice job putting Ryan on fish Bob.

Are you fishing in my spots again?

CAPT'N
09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Nice job on the fish Bob........................

Capt'n

J.Nguyen
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
nice catch..kill them stripey bob!

TroutOnly
09-27-2011, 07:21 PM
OH HELL YA RON I WORKED ALL YOURE SPOTS ON THE TROLL AND BLOW UPS ON THE BOILS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,