PDA

View Full Version : First one for me on an LC

Which Way Out
09-24-2011, 11:33 PM
All this time I have been throwing an LC, and I get my first BSP on one. Now I gotta admit I have been trying to avoid them and working only water that would yield Halibut.. Yea I know their in the same places most of the time.

Well after Bones kicked the door down on the room to the leader board and placed his name at the top, I have been hitting the water harder than a Pelican. :Angry:
Throwing everything but the kitchen sink at em. Trying new locations, just changing in up to find something big.

What I did find was a bunch of Salad,,,,,,,Salad :Wink: I guess I needed some Bacon to go with it.... Instead I caught some little piggies.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/download-1.jpg

The first BSP was on the LC, but the salad got to much to bare. So I changed to the Big Hammer. Still with the BH I would drag in kelp. Was able to get rid of the Skunk I guess.

The sky was very overcast all day but no rain. Water was green and the bait was nowhere around. Need to rethink my plan again. Going south is not an option on Sunday although that's what I should do.

Here's 2 more on the BH also got some on a grub but no pics of them

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/download-3.jpg

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/download-2.jpg

blackwater
09-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Nice Poich! :Big Grin:
Going to be hard to catch Bones on the leaderboard. I'm not even on the board yet. :LOL:
Good effort, keep trying and good luck. :Cool:

Which Way Out
09-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Nice Poich! :Big Grin:
Going to be hard to catch Bones on the leaderboard. I'm not even on the board yet. :LOL:
Good effort, keep trying and good luck. :Cool:

Thanks I 'll need it.
No fishing for me next weekend so I hitting hard now.

Karyn
09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
WWO- it's hard. Maybe I am not in the right spot? I don't know... according to the tackle store, I am. I've been going about 2x's a week and I'm getting really good at catching perch :) Friday I was there for about 2 hours and caught 3- and a guitar fish. It keeps my excursions interesting...i guess.

murrieta angler
09-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Hello Bill,
Good to see you out there getting some perch:Smile:
It's going to be hard to beat Mikes flatty:mad: but it can be done!!!
I will have a report up by tonight for my last 3 outings.
My photobucket account was messed up, actually photobucket was messed up, not me.
Thanks for the report Bro,
Robert
<><

Go Steelers!

iLLest
09-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Nice!

Occasionally, you'll see Perch munching on things bigger than they are, its crazy. When the bite is hot, you'll sometimes even see smaller perch than the LC getting hooked, never understood how or why that happens, but regardless, good stuff man.

Diggin the swimmy too, that thing probably messes up the fish's eyes with that color pattern. lol

sidified
09-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Keep whippin' it, Bill. You know you must...

PONTOON
09-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Bill,

The only way to get on top of the halibut leaderboard is to get out on the water. I'm still in awe from Bones' report and how he busted down the door to get the top spot.:Shocked:

Thanks for the report and pictures and keep beating on the door. I have confidence you are going to make a good run at it. That's all we can do.:Cool: