PDA

View Full Version : Santa fe dam today (afternoon)

Lakerfan160
09-24-2011, 06:11 PM
got to the dam at 2pm and finished the day at 4pm. it was windy and a little cloudy. i only catch one fish it was a little less of a pound so pretty small:Neutral:. and lost a big bass, i belive it was a 3 pounder cause the big head it had.lost it because it jumped and shoked the lure off him:Crying:. the water is getting lower each time i go. :Shocked:

Darius
09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Had a ****** day today, tried for cat I think I needed night crawlers!

ako
09-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I caught a carp on a crankbait! about 7:20 pm or so...I thought I foul hooked it, but saw it was hooked in the mouth when I reeled it in.

Where are the bass at?

Ifishtoolittle
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Dude I have a question for all of you guys! Where the hell do you guys fish at the dam? I went there on friday. Hooked 3 8" bass but they all shuck off since they take lures so lightly! Aside from that are there even obvious structure at that place? All I saw was shallow shoreline all along with a few large rocks here and there, but there were only finger size bass.

Lakerfan160
09-25-2011, 09:31 PM
the lake is shallow from the shoreline so theres no structure that i know of like IFtl said a few large rocks. the bass i catch are by the the small waterfall, were theres a huge cage in the water and by the brige i had luck catching bass but small 8incers and a couple 1 pounders.

depocs
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
I went back again last week and caught a nice 2 1/2 lber. couple smaller ones shook the bait.

Lakerfan160
09-26-2011, 06:57 PM
I went back again last week and caught a nice 2 1/2 lber. couple smaller ones shook the bait.

nice, i hope a catch a big bass there soon!

Lakerfan160
09-26-2011, 07:08 PM
each time i go to santa fe dam i notice the the bass travel in schools(usually). then i walk the shoreline and dont see little bass jumping i dont fish there. i follow the little bass and then i see some jumping in one spot theres usually fish there, and had been doing this for 2 months and i hadnt been skunked since then so this works for me. i also look for shad but hadnt found any. but for u guys that cant seem to catch bass at santa fe dam look for little bass in the area and maybe u can find them.

good luck guys

Which Way Out
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Dude I have a question for all of you guys! Where the hell do you guys fish at the dam? I went there on friday. Hooked 3 8" bass but they all shuck off since they take lures so lightly! Aside from that are there even obvious structure at that place? All I saw was shallow shoreline all along with a few large rocks here and there, but there were only finger size bass.

Ifishtoolittle, I would of swore you were going somewhere else with that question.:Wink:

Keep trying guys you will find em.